Please find the enclosed details. If Interested, Contact me at 507-289-9956 EXT: 104 / Priya@xylotechnologies.com
Title: Webfocus Developer
Duration: 12 Months
Client: State of MN- Dept of Education
Location: St. Paul, MN
Req ID: RFO0086
MN.IT @ Education has the need to supplement its development staff with one developer for a project of approximately twelve month duration, to support analysis of Minnesota student data contained in a data warehouse utilizing the business intelligence tool WebFOCUS.
The warehouse is sometimes described as the P-20 warehouse or Statewide Longitudinal Education Data System (SLEDS) warehouse. Such descriptions were chosen because the data will span the years of a student’s life from birth through post-secondary school to workforce. (The warehouse will facilitate longitudinal analysis.) The data is drawn from multiple sources – MN Department of Education (MDE), MN Department of Health (MDH), MN Department of Human Services (DHS), MN Department of Economic Development (DEED), and the MN Office of Higher Educations (OHE). All work will be directed by MN.IT @ Education project managers.
The scope of the SLEDS Analytics effort is to devise, design and develop a suite of options for pre-defined data analysis, secure processes for research dataset generation and transition to long term operation.
The following deliverables are in progress, and will be executed by the selected candidate:
• Additional Early Childhood Longitudinal Data System (ECLDS) and Statewide Longitudinal Education Data System (SLEDS) Analytics Public Reports
• Researcher Data Marts
• Initial Data Mart/Data Request Fulfillment
• Any additional analytical development, as directed by the P20 Governance Board, and the Data and Research committee.
• The successful responder will:
• Have extensive experience with WebFOCUS and other Business Intelligence tools
• Have senior level skills in the WebFOCUS development environment
• Work in compliance with Statewide Project Management Methodology as directed and be required to report or demonstrate such compliance as needed
• Work in compliance with Statewide Enterprise Security Requirements as directed and be required to report or demonstrate such compliance as needed.
• All work and resulting products must comply with the Minnesota Accessibility Standards adopted September 1, 2010.
Responsibilities Expected of the Selected Vendor
The selected vendor will be required to:
• Provide frequent documentation and status updates through MN.IT @ Education’s project managers.
• Provide training and knowledge transfer and product documentation where required by MN.IT @ Education.
• Work with MN.IT @ Education’s Quality Assurance to develop testing and acceptance procedures.
• Provide input and track against the project work plan.
Required Skills (to be scored as pass/fail)
Required minimum qualifications:
• Five years of experience designing and developing business intelligence reporting systems in a data warehousing environment using star schemas, data cubes, and data marts.
• Five years’ experience developing web applications and reporting systems with the WebFOCUS Business Intelligence and Analytics Platform including WebFOCUS 8 experience.
• Five years’ experience designing and developing SQL data tables, procedures, and functions as part of developing business intelligence reporting systems.
• Two years’ experience designing and developing mobile-first reporting systems with emphasis on responsive design and performance optimization.
• 2 years’ experience in creating accessible work product, specifically in conformance with the Web Content Accessibility Guidelines (WCAG) 2.0 , level AA.
• Experience with or business knowledge of state data sets including but not limited to institutions of higher education, labor and industry.
• 2 plus years’ experience with identifying and de-identifying individual private level data from a business and/or technical perspective
• Subject matter expertise in education including K-12, higher education, workforce and or labor data and research
• Experience in coaching or team development situations
Windows, All Outputs
|Powered by Social Strata|