Focal Point
WebFOCUS Developer - Available immediately

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1281057331/m/1327044436

October 31, 2013, 10:47 AM
JNicJ
WebFOCUS Developer - Available immediately
Hi

I am currently looking for a WebFOCUS Developer position on a contract basis.

I am currently based in South Africa.

I can either do work remotely, or I can relocate for the duration of a project if necessary.

Thank You
November 01, 2013, 05:56 AM
davidcl6
Hi mate, At my previous site we got around this problem by having a Control table that marked the program name as running = Y and the start and end date. We ran the etl's every 20 mins and also set a limit on how many each Rcaster task would take. So when the next job started it could process new table updates as it would query the Control table and know that the updates were still in progress or complete. One Control table on the Source system had Date / Time stamp. The NT server had the same table and compared the dates thus knowing if an extract was required and the other NT Control table was then checked to see if a prior task had already flagged the job as underway. This solved our issue for long running updates.

Webfocus Release 7.6.11
Unix
EXL2K
November 02, 2013, 10:34 PM
davidcl6
Hi mate, At my previous site we got around this problem by having a Control table that marked the program name as running = Y and the start and end date. We ran the etl's every 20 mins and also set a limit on how many each Rcaster task would take. So when the next job started it could process new table updates as it would query the Control table and know that the updates were still in progress or complete. One Control table on the Source system had Date / Time stamp. The NT server had the same table and compared the dates thus knowing if an extract was required and the other NT Control table was then checked to see if a prior task had already flagged the job as underway. This solved our issue for long running updates.

Webfocus Release 7.6.11
Unix
EXL2K