Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements    MAINTAIN GURU / MENTOR REQUIRED

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
MAINTAIN GURU / MENTOR REQUIRED
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Folks:

I have a project that needs to get done in Maintain, but despite having taken the course a few years ago, I'm having problems wrapping my head around how to approach this fairly complex project.

So I'm looking for someone who can help me kick start this project such that I can do further Maintain programming on my own. I can travel to you for a few days of intense work, followed by remote consulting and assistance.

Note that an initial part of this project will involve determining which database to use (FOCUS or DB2) and the relative merits of each. I've discovered in the past couple of days that Maintain programs and MODIFY fexes don't happily co-reside on the same server, so that will have to be resolved as well before any coding gets going.

Note that I am NOT looking for someone to just do the project. The objective is to get me up to speed, so the teaching aspect is just as important. That will require you to go much slower than would otherwise be the case.

You need to be an expert in Maintain. The project is to create a database of Bills of Lading. It will draw information from several database sources to display on the screen, and after modification the data will be written to a separate database. Once there, the information needs to be printed in a specific format, or rather a variety of formats, depending on the type of BL and the shipping line involved.

If you re interested, please PM me and let me know your location and rates.

Thanks,

George Patton

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi George,

I have a Sr. Maintain developer I can present for $90/hr. He's got to work remote, but he's very good in Maintain, a great mentor and can work full or part-time for you.

When is a good time to discuss?

Best,

Roger
267-625-6336

All WebFOCUS Releases

posted Hide Post
Sorry George,

I didn't see the post date of your message. No I see it is an ancient request.

Best,
Roger

All WebFOCUS Releases