Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements    Hiring!! WebFocus Architect & WebFocus Lead Developer at :: Plantation, FL ::Contract

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Hiring!! WebFocus Architect & WebFocus Lead Developer at :: Plantation, FL ::Contract
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
Hi,
Hope you are doing well,
I have 2 urgent requirements with my client, Please have a look & if you are interested, Feel free to contact me at 614-408-9266 or Email me at deepak.sk@usgrpinc.com .

Position 1: Webfocus Architect
Position 2: Sr. Webfocus Lead
Duration: 6+ Months Contract (Extendable)

Job Description:

Responsibilities:

• Work with business and application team to gather reporting requirements
• Data modeling
• Report design and implementation
• Mentoring the tech and business team on leveraging and designing the web focus reports

Required Skills:

• Expert in Webfocus
• Expert in Oracle Data base
• Strong in Data Modelling Concepts
• Hands on experience with
o PL SQL
o Designing the table
o Normalization etc
• Experience in creating BIDW database
• Experience in Data Modeling
• 5+ years of Database and Reporting experience
• 3-5 years of Web Focus experience
• Strong in designing the reports in Webfocus
• Need to be able to mentor team members
• Experience in helping non-tech people leverage tool to create reports and provide canned reports.

Nice to Have Skills

• Good communication
• Should be able work independently in client set up
• Should be able to work effectively with various functions in client organization

Regards,
Deepak Sengar
United Software Group Inc
Phone: 614-408-9266
Email: deepak.sk@usgrpinc.com

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Master
posted Hide Post
Surprising they are not filled yet that too with no other WebFOCUS jobs in the market.

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Position is still open, They have 3 Positions at same location.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

Guru
posted Hide Post
In this day and age there is no reason to require on-site programmers. Maybe that's why these positions are still vacant. I would be interested in one if remote work was allowed. I did a lot of remote work as far back as 1997 and it worked out fine.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
I tend to agree with Mike. I run the entire IT department remotely for a small company with offices in 5 countries, with visits to those offices between one and 4 times a year to take care of hardware upgrades. All of the software updates, programming changes, etc. I do from my home, or on the laptop when travelling.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Quite honestly recruiters also get in the way by looking for the cheapest consultant which means bigger margins for them, but not the best fit for the client and thus it's a loss for the client and the truly qualified consultant. I've been doing this for 20 years and speak for experience!!! This position is a perfect example where I am actually in Florida, but only recruiters have contacted me and although I have all the skills needed and then some, I have not been contacted by the client who badly needs someone with my experience, but will most likely never get to talk to me because of rate!

8.01m RedHat Linux HTML/PDF/EXCEL

Posts: 10 | Location: United States | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Why you open 3 same posts? Should just bump or update your old post.

7.66 and 7.704
System: Windows / AIX / Linux
Output: Mostly HTML, with some PDF, Excel and Lotus(!)

Posts: 147 | Location: Toronto (GTA) | Registered: May 25, 2005Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
This is the way how recruitment works, how the projects are implemented, If Someone has problems with Rate & Onsite work, Firstly they should discuss with the concerned Hiring Manager, Without proper discussion it is not good to comment over anything.

If client is needing someone onsite, that means there is something to plan new things, It is also possible they are facing some problems with their existing systems.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs

posted Hide Post
Everything has room for improvement and these comments are proof that change is desired by some. I value all of these posts and I think it's great to hear all opinions even if they may not sound correct at the time. The majority of the world thought the world was flat at one point in time. Change, knowledge, and growth is always good and starts with communicating. Keep your FOCUS Smiler

8.01m RedHat Linux HTML/PDF/EXCEL

Posts: 10 | Location: United States | Registered: January 29, 2008Report This Post