Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements    Immediate Opportunity - WebFOCUS Lead Developer | 1 Year Contract - Phoenix, AZ

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Immediate Opportunity - WebFOCUS Lead Developer | 1 Year Contract - Phoenix, AZ
 Login/Join

posted
WebFOCUS Lead Developer

RDC Biz has an immediate opportunity for a WebFOCUS Lead Developer to work with our valued client in Phoenix, AZ. This is a 12 month contract.

Summary

The WebFOCUS Lead Developer must be able to study the existing MicroStrategy Dashboard, which has Informatica as the data mart layer, and develop customizable reports on WebFOCUS.

Requirements

• 7-8 Years of strong experience with architecting, designing, developing and deploying WebFOCUS-based solutions.

• Expertise with BI Suite of Tools/Products – WebFOCUS (must have) and Informatica (preferred).

• Hands-on development skills are essential.

• Excellent understanding of Data Warehouse Architecture and Design is critical.

• Strong communication (**** and written) and interpersonal skills are a must.

• Familiarity with designing & developing complex reporting solutions is required.

• Knowledge of BI infrastructure is a definite plus.

• Must be adept in analyzing existing MicroStrategy dashboards and reports and utilizing WebFOCUS to design and build similar dashboards/reports with improved functionality and capabilities.

• Ability to work with offshore team and track deliverables on a daily basis to ensure schedules and deadlines are met.

Engagement Type: Contract
Duration: 12 Months (1 Year)
Start Date: ASAP
Salary/Rate Range: Commensurate with experience and skill sets.

If you are interested, qualified and available for this position, reply with your updated resumé at your earliest convenience. If you are not interested but know someone who might be, RDC pays a referral fee upon placement.

You may email me at bruce.weaymans@rdcbiz.com or call me directly at 267.573.4380.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Bruce Weaymans,

All WebFOCUS releases.

Master
posted Hide Post
Not sure if the client is firing the candidates.
This position has been coming on and off multiple times since few months...

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
I notice this too Smiler

I had a few years of Microstrategy experience as well as 10+ years of webfocus. Several agents had contacted me. But they are not flexible at telecommuting, and I don't want to relocate

7.66 and 7.704
System: Windows / AIX / Linux
Output: Mostly HTML, with some PDF, Excel and Lotus(!)

Posts: 147 | Location: Toronto (GTA) | Registered: May 25, 2005Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
I can't believe, in this day and age, that telecommuting is such a road block for employers. Makes no sense at all to me. No reason in the world that you have to be sitting in a cubicle all day long. Pitiful.

Webfocus 8
Windows, Linux

Posts: 258 | Location: Palm Coast, FL | Registered: February 05, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The company for which I work moved their operations from Toronto to Miami 13 years ago. At that time they offered all the workers jobs at the new location, with allowances for moving etc. Only one person took up the offer.

So despite the fact that the CEO hates the situation, two key players, me and the company accountant, work from home in Canada. The boss would love to have us locked up in a windowless warehouse in an ugly part of Miami, breathing toxic chemical fumes, but that ain't happening in my lifetime. I'll deal with the winters, lower pay and higher cost of living to obtain a better quality of life in a small city with good services and a low crime rate. Plus lovely rolling countryside 5 minutes from my door, a progressive social scene, and a political framework that isn't completely broken.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: George Patton,

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Yes, even though they don't find candidates, few clients are not willing for Telecommute option, not sure why..!!

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Trust...they don't trust people will do their job. Of course we had the guy sitting at the office everyday and outsorcing his job, which I don't see the point of doing that...while you are chained to the desk anyway. Now from home maybe... Wink

Posts: 1903 | Location: San Antonio | Registered: February 28, 2005Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
there is hardly a webfocus job on dice.com.
I see this only this year. I have been watching since last 2 months, not a single job posting was there. Why do you this this happened suddenly?

posted Hide Post
The sad truth in our neck of the woods is WebFOCUS and FOCUS are disappearing from most of the big users. Boeing, Nordstroms, the State of Washington and Bank of America all used to employe large (Web)FOCUS staffs. I can count the full time WebFOCUS developers in Seattle on one hand now. The local IBI branch is lucky to get ten people at their quarterly customer presentations. I find this really unsettling.

Developer Studio 7.7.05
Application Studio 8.0.09
Windows 7
All Formats

Posts: 16 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: November 29, 2012Report This Post