Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements    WebFOCUS / .NET Programmer Analyst

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WebFOCUS / .NET Programmer Analyst
 Login/Join

posted
U.S. Bank is now hiring a WebFOCUS / .NET Programmer Analyst at our Energy Park Office located in St. Paul, MN.

We are seeking a candidate that will serve as a computer technology expert within a business line. Responsibilities will include coding, testing, debugging, and implementing .NET and WebFOCUS reporting applications that satisfy business requirements and meet performance expectations. This candidate will need to work with business and technology partners to ensure successful and timely completion and installation (including software packaging) of changes and enhancements to the application programs. Other responsibilities include application maintenance/support, requirement analysis, documentation, and ad-hoc requests fulfillment.

If you are interested in moving ahead in the application process, please apply at http://bit.ly/usbank140003728 or contact Kelly Rix at kelly.rix@usbank.com.

WebFOCUS and Data Migrator

Master
posted Hide Post
I don't understand who combines and works on two different technologies like WebFOCUS and .NET as a programmer for both. Someone who knows .NET programming would not work in field of WebFOCUS.

I see lot of oppportunities saying WebFOCUS&Java Developer, WebFOCUS&Oracle Developer etc..?!!

HTML,PDF,EXL2K, Active, All

Posts: 484 | Registered: February 03, 2009Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We have some WF reports that run against a MSSQL database in we use .NET to build web based forms so uses can simply update the data with out having to learn and run SQL quires.

prod: WF 7.7.03 platform IIS on Windows 2007, databases: Oracle, , MSSQL

Posts: 133 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: August 04, 2005Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I have always developed with multiple tools. Back in the FOCUS mainframe days, I also wrote in FORTRAN OR BASIC. Now I develop in WF and Visual BASIC/C#. No one tool does it all. I have been a developer since 1973 and have seen languages come in and out of favor. One constant for me since 1980 has been FOCUS. With it I can stil do more with less effort and coding.

Developer Studio 7.7.05
Application Studio 8.0.09
Windows 7
All Formats

Posts: 16 | Location: Seattle, WA | Registered: November 29, 2012Report This Post