Good Afternoon all. Allstates Consulting Services in Houston is lookin for a Senior Report Developer who has an expert knowledge of Information Builders’ WebFOCUS products and the technical skills necessary to complete complex projects. The Senior Report Developer must be proficient in GUI design skills. He must be able to design a WebFOCUS reporting solution from user requirements. The Senior Report Developer must also perform development and testing of the WebFOCUS application. He will be asked to formulate project requirements into a written form and then transform them into a design and specifications for other WebFOCUS developers to follow. The Senior Report Developer must be capable of working independently with limited supervision. He must also be capable of mentoring and advising other report developers on reporting solutions.
Duties and Responsibilities
• Analyze and design reporting solutions using the WebFOCUS core features and capabilities.
• Specific tasks include, but are not limited to, application design, application development, application deployment, application maintenance, and problem resolution.
• Demonstrate expertise with WebFOCUS products including reporting in MRE, BI Dashboard, Developer Studio, Report Caster, and Web Services.
• Demonstrate a working knowledge of SQL language and relational database concepts. SQL server knowledge is a plus.
• Demonstrate the ability to mentor developers in advanced WebFocus and web design techniques.
• Ability to conduct a needs assessment and analysis to gather requirements and determine those factors that will result in a successful application design.
• Continue to expand and develop skills in application development products and operating systems.
Education and Experience
Bachelors Degree (B.S. or B.A.) in a technical or business field; or equivalent work-related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience. Work background with experience in a technical consulting environment is preferred.
• Ability to define problems and solve practical problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
• Ability to abstract problems and create meaningful tests and proofs of concepts.
• Ability to deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
• Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, pseudo code, or schedule form.
• Ability to interface effectively with management.
• Ability to prioritize work assignments.
• Ability to manage time and meet deadlines.
• Ability to work well without close supervision.
• Ability to provide frequent feedback in a form that is most useful to people receiving it.
• Ability to recognize key issues in problems and use sound judgment in their resolution.
• Demonstrates a sense of urgency and energy to achieve results.
• Ability to adapt to changing priorities and unexpected situations.
• Take ownership for the quality of the tasks/work being performed; continuously look for
• Always to improve value.
• Ability to work effectively in an environment which is ambiguous.
• Ability to think matters through before acting.
• Ability to handle difficult technical and people situations.
• Ability to anticipate and communicate issues to the manager.
Thank you for your time and consideration.
Michael Bell | Senior Technical Recruiter
AllStates Consulting Services, LLC., A Magic Company
710 North Post Oak | Houston, TX 77024
Windows, All Outputs
|Powered by Social Strata|