The Senior B.I. Developer is responsible for understanding reporting business requirements, technical requirements and other artifacts used in the understanding and creation of reports for the company. They will design/create and implement reports, dashboards, scorecards and other data delivery artifacts as assigned, that will help fulfill the reporting and analytical needs of the company. The Senior B.I. Developer works in partnership with Business Analysts and IT staff, as needed. This role requires a strong collaborator who can partner effectively with various levels of the organization and deliver results within established timelines. The Senior B.I. Developer should have good understanding of business processes as well as the ability to articulate and implement reports and analyses addressing the business requirements. Strong written and verbal communication skills are essential.
Job Duties and Responsibilities:
• Works on multiple projects at a time as a member of each project team, often acts as a project leader.
• Works on enterprise-wide small and large complex projects that require the highest level of expertise; participates on project teams, systems and data analysis, design, development, integration, and enhancement activities, as well as related maintenance and more complex production support.
• Assists and develops the project scope of multiple complex projects with assistance from the project team and serves as a project point of contact when necessary.
• Participate in project scope discussions and business requirements meetings.
• Partner with business teams to understand their processes, KPI, Measurement requirements among others.
• Garner relevant business and technical artifacts and share appropriately
• Identify opportunities for improvement.
• Develop technical requirements, deployment documents and other supporting mechanisms for soliciting and documenting business needs.
• Maintain technical requirements templates and questionnaires for content.
• Manage reporting catalog, including comparing new requests against existing inventory, making recommendations for adding or removing content as to meet business needs.
• Contribute to the creation /maintenance of reporting best practices and standards
• Monitor and triage report development request queue tickets.
• Review reporting requests, release plans and enhancement requests for impact and prioritization.
• Design/build/deploy reports that addresses business requirements.
• Ensure requirement documents are complete and include all the necessary information to support reporting development.
• Participate in functional / technical /user acceptance testing efforts and resolve identified defects (if any).
• Performs other related duties as required.
• Bachelor's Degree required in Computer Science, Information Systems, or related field.
• Minimum 7-10 years related work experience.
• Experience developing WebFocus reports, dashboards and portals using App Studio, Report Designer or Info Assist
• Experience with WebFocus Administration
• Working knowledge of WebFocus security concepts
• Experience with writing and optimizing SQL
• Ability to develop technical requirements from business requirements for reporting
• Experience and understanding of multiple programming languages, systems, as well as data design and project management methodologies.
• Experience customizing WebFocus portals
• Experience installing, upgrading and configuring WebFocus across multiple servers
• Knowledge of Data Warehouse concepts and tools
|Powered by Social Strata|