September 27, 2012, 11:31 AMTim Beckett
SETA Dallas - let's network there!
Hello Banner users!
If you're planning to be in Big D for the SETA Dallas on Oct. 7-9, we look forward to seeing you there. We'd also like to invite you to join us for our breakout sessions.
Session title of first session: Retention Analysis – Where Do You Stand?
Presenters: Tim Beckett, John Sulka, Information Builders
Description: Business intelligence, applied to your core mission, will help your institution compete. Would you like to access your Banner/ODS/EDW data, your census data, and other data sources? See what some other schools have done, and an easy way to get started!
- See a demo of RETA, a great way to get started in Retention/Enrollment Tracking & Analysis.
- See how easy it is to build a visually appealing dashboard based on retention data, and to deploy to the BI portal, using the latest WebFOCUS technology.
Session title of second session: The Impact of Data Governance Across Your Institution
Presenter: Ananth Arunachalem
Description: Multiple definitions of a student, the need to share information, and the fact that data reside in many places can pose challenges. We’ll show you an approach to mitigate those challenges and improve institutional performance.
Definitions can vary, but how do you get valid and consistent answers?
- How many students are actively enrolled in the college of business?
- How many students will be graduating in May?
- How can we minimize data errors and increase efficiency?
Attendees will learn how Information Builders can help you evolve from a situation in which data is a roadblock, to one where data empowers communication between departments.