Job ID: SAB05080019 Company Name:
Description: Lead SW Programmer/Analyst
Work Group: Wholesale - Strategic Planning & Reporting
Qwest Communications International Inc. (NYSE:Q) is a leading provider of voice, video, and data services. The company’s employees are committed to the “Spirit of Service” and providing world class services that exceed customers’ expectations for quality, value, and reliability. Customer satisfaction and winning customer’s continued business and loyalty is what helps make our company what it is today.
Function: Wholesale – Development of in-house business reporting and analysis solutions using the WebFOCUS business intelligence suite of software tools. This position supports the Wholesale market unit by developing and delivering interactive self service reporting applications and reports to support business user requirements.
Classification: Regular Full-Time employees are scheduled to work at least forty (40) hours per calendar week for an indefinite period of time.
Wage Scale: IO5
Location: Denver/Colorado or alternative city based on applicant’s qualifications
Typical Work Hours: 40 hours
· Job Responsibilities: This position is responsible for designing, programming, developing and maintaining operational and performance reports and applications using the WebFOCUS reporting platform (a web-enabled reporting and analysis framework built by Information Builders, Inc. with self-service reports and analysis capabilities developed using the FOCUS program language.). The position interfaces with IT database developers, establishes new data sources for WebFOCUS connectivity and defines the data architecture. The position will also develop self-service reporting applications providing wholesale customer service operations the ability to conduct online data analysis and the business intelligence to run the business.
· Partners with center management and operation support staff, process management and wholesale senior leadership to determine reporting business requirements.
· Lead team efforts to design, develop, program/code, test and debug new complex self service applications and Dashboards or significant enhancements to existing applications/Dashboards.
· Lead review of input for documentation of new/existing applications
· Apply existing and introduce new approved WebFOCUS applications to meet client requirements.
· Leads others in the application of principles, theories and concepts and use of methodologies, tools, documentation processes and test procedures to complete projects.
· Plan, train and mentor team on tools to improve productivity and utilization of WebFocus to meet client requirements.
· Defining and using standards for developing reports
· Using the WebFOCUS graphical tools to develop web-based reports and end-user interfaces
· Ensure automated reports run as scheduled and are delivered to users, e.g., senior leadership, billing, sales, provisioning, service management, product, process.
· Lead cross functional teams across several Market Units and business organization teams to meet senior management requirements, i.e, Network, MVT, Product.
Basic Job Qualifications:
· Applies existing and introduces new and approved technologies to develop solutions.
· Bachelor’s degree in related discipline or 8 years or equivalent experience.
Expert in the following:
· Knowledge of business intelligence report development software tools such as IBI WebFOCUS.
· Knowledge of relational database tools including Oracle and SQL/Server databases.
· Knowledge and experience with FOCUS programming language.
· Experience with obtaining, preparing and loading data into a target repository (i.e., data extract, transform and load programs.)
· Knowledge and experience working in Microsoft Access, Excel and PowerPoint.
· Good communication skills required to facilitate development of clear end user requirements and to ensure reporting solutions meet user needs.
· Ability to create presentation material
· Ability to manage stressful conditions and tight time frames
· Ability to be flexible and cope well with changes
· Ability to motivate others
· Basic Telecommunication experience
Preferred Job Qualifications:
Proven ability to work with business clients to define and develop reporting solutions.
Provide internal team support by training, mentoring and coaching team members and others in the effective use of tools and technology in support of team deliverables and objectives for business reporting and business intelligence projects.
Project management skill sets.
Proven skills to interface with senior leadership (e.g. Director, VP) level management.
Other Job Requirements: Describe other required aspects of the job, including the work environment in which the individual will be required to work.
Flexible work hours a requirement
Demonstrated examples of working well in a team environment
Ability to manage numerous projects simultaneously and meet client required delivery dates.
This is your opportunity to add your talent to the Spirit of Service Team! Take a few minutes to submit your resume via this website and answer some questions so that the Qwest team can get to know you better.
For information on the great benefits offered at Qwest, visit http://www.qwest.com/careers/employeebenefits.html
Take the next step to a great career with Qwest! Please submit your resume via this website.
Qwest is an equal opportunity employer. Any offer of employment is contingent upon the results of a pre-employment drug test and background check.
This is a great company and team to work with!This message has been edited. Last edited by: matt_bg0518,
WF 7.6.6, Win 2K3 SP2
|Powered by Social Strata|