Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements    Summit 2010 - Ideas for Focal Pointers to gather?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Summit 2010 - Ideas for Focal Pointers to gather?
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Hi Everyone - It's the end of year and I need your help with brainstorming some ideas for our annual gathering at Summit 2010. Last year we had a packed house when two of our very own experts, Susannah and Tony, presented the tips and techniques submissions along with their very own tip!!

We've done the tips and techniques contest for a few years now which is always well received but I wanted to pick your brain. I’m sure everyone is pushing really hard to attend Summit 2010 and we expect it to be the best event of the year!!

Should we have another tips and techniques contest where it’s by nomination or submissions?

Give me your thoughts.

Sincerely,
Kathleen_Butler@ibi.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
what about we select 4 and put them together. 15 min each. All on using Iway SM, Tips on debugging, Using SQL server, Oracle etc with Iway, coding Java for Iway etc. That way we start to put together a tips and techniques users guide from the peopls who use it.

IWay SM 5.6, 6.01, 6.1, 6.9, 7.0
EDI, XML, XSD, WF 8.0, DM 77,8.0 asp.net, SQL Server

Expert
posted Hide Post
The interesting thing about nominations is that someone else thinks the tat is worthy, and submissions is that the creator thinks its worthy.

I think both will provide a good selection.

What if there were two awards, one from the votes at the summit, and one from IBI staff?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Here is a thought.

Come and test your IBI product knowledge!!!!
Play “IBI product Jeopardy".
A group of volunteers or selected folks take part as players.
Categories could be
FOCUS
WEBFOCUS
iWay
InfoAssist
Etc

All answers (as one would expect) must be in the form of a question.

Any misses are offered to the audience to answer. Prizes as appropriate.

I feel that one of the failings in the current format of the ‘tips and techniques’ event is that it cannot be classified as a group participation activity. Folks new to the "FOCUS" world are often left out as they feel that they have little to nothing to contribute. Let us rather aim whatever activity is decided upon, at the whole summit community, have it “FOCUS / iWay” oriented, and let us all profit from the experience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stefaans,

WebFOCUS 7.7.01 Windows, TSO 7.0

Gold member
posted Hide Post
Play “IBI product Jeopardy".

That is a great idea.

IWay SM 5.6, 6.01, 6.1, 6.9, 7.0
EDI, XML, XSD, WF 8.0, DM 77,8.0 asp.net, SQL Server

Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks for the ideas! Keep them coming please.

KathleenSmiler

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
How about a Chindōgu contest. The most Unuseless Invention.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
Stump the Geek
To play this adventurous game, question boxes will be placed around the conference area in which conference goer's can place their own special questions. Our panalists Noreen, Art, Mark and other esteem experts will be given the opportunity to show that they cannot be stumped. The person or persons with the highest amount of "stumpers" win. An "I stumped the geek at the Florida 2010 summit" T-shirt would probably go down well as a prize.
Benefits: strong audience participation.

I feel that one of the failings in the current format of the ‘tips and techniques’ event is that it cannot be classified as a group participation activity. Folks new to the "FOCUS" world are often left out as they feel that they have little to nothing to contribute. Let us rather aim whatever activity is decided upon, at the whole summit community, have it “FOCUS / iWay” oriented, and let us all profit from the experience.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Stefaans,

WebFOCUS 7.7.01 Windows, TSO 7.0

Master
posted Hide Post
Thanks Stefaans - This is my favorite so far!!!

Master
posted Hide Post
Last call for ideas. Anyone else?

I have a meeting with the FOCWIZARDS today so please respond to this post or contact me at Kathleen_Butler@ibi.com.

Sincerely,
Kathleen Butler
Customer Care and Communications Manager
Information Builders