Congrats to the winners of the Focal Point Tips and Techniques Contest. Thank you to everyone that submitted a tip. We are working on publishing all of the tips and will have them up shortly.
AND the WINNER is....
Warren Hinchliffe from Link Market Services
"Rotating Text in PDF's
Peter Ellis from Northrop Grumman
"Poor Man's Report Library"
Harry Cleveland, Temple University
"Simple Query Tool"
The following tips were sent in for the competition:
1. Flattened Hierarchy Drilldown, by Ken Lane, Petro-Canada
2. Conditional Drilldowns with ACROSS, by Ken Lane, Petro-Canada
3. Viewing accordion reports more efficiently, by Alan Bell, freelance, currently working with IB
4. Customizing Dashboard, by Tom Flynn, independent
5. Rotating Text in PDF's, by Warren Hinchliffe, Link Market Services
6. Simple Query Tool, by Harry Cleveland, Temple University
7. UNIONALL for WebFOCUS, by John Hammond, Fleet Support Limited
8. “Poor Mans Report Library”, by Peter Ellis, Northrop Grumman Corp
9. Counting total number of employees employed by month, by Emily Max, Administaff
10. What is actually happening in a report? by Joyce Halford, US Bank
All will be posted shortly to our website.
Dear Focal Pointers,
Make sure you register for Summit 2008 and participate in the Focal Point Tips and Techniques Contest. The details about the contest will be posted soon. Please feel free to provide suggestions. We had over 110 customers attend last years Focal Point session!
Click here for details about the Early Bird Special (available until March 1, 2008).
When: June 1-5, 2008.
Where: Gaylord Opryland Resort in Nashville, Tennessee
About Summit 2008
Information Builders annual User Conference is our premier user event for customers, developers, and executives worldwide! Summit 2008, which promises to be our most exciting event ever, has one main objective: to meet our customers' needs with more product and technology presentations, networking, and relationship-building opportunities.
Top Reasons Why You Must Attend Summit 2008
Organizations need to focus on the bottom line to stay competitive.This means that travel and training budgets are tight and expenditures have to be justified.
Year after year Information Builders has focused on providing a high-value experience to our users and their organizations. Here are the top objectives of past Summit attendees and how Information Builders meets – or exceeds – these expectations.
* Learn about new products, features, and solutions.
* Hear about actual applications and deployments.
* Receive hands-on training and field test the latest releases.
* Get face time with product experts and troubleshoot issues.
* Network with peers and share best practices
* Stay abreast of industry trends and hear from the experts
To register and/or for more information, please visit our Summit Homepage.
Thanks everyone and I look forward to seeing you all at the Summit next year!!
Focal Point ManagerThis message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
All Focal Pointers,
We are excited to announce that this year we will have the Focal Point Tips and Techniques contest again. The winners will be announced at Summit in Gaylord Opryland, Nashville, Tennessee. Do you have an original, elegant solution to a complex, technical problem? Would you like to share with all?
All submissions will be presented in our Focal Point Tips and Techniques Contest session on Tuesday, June 3, 2008, 4:00 – 5:30 p.m. A grand prize will be awarded to first place, prize to be announced!! All submissions selected (looking for 10) will receive a prize as well.
The deadline for submission will be Monday, May 12, 2008.
* Please submit your Focal Point Tip and Technique in a doc file with your name, Focal Point ID, Company, Title, and number of years you have been using Focus/WebFOCUS.
* Submission must be in two parts:
--- In the first part describe the problem you are solving, e.g. I have three identical files on three separate machines, and I need to combine the data into one aggregated report.
--- In the second part show your solution or code (with comments).
* Your tip can be shown in 5 minutes or less. Noreen Redden will present it on your behalf.
* All entries will be judged on originality, complexity of problem, and elegance of solution.
* Send all submissions to email@example.com in a word document.
* You must be a Focal Point Member to participate.
It is highly recommended, but not required, that you attend the session to win the prize.
Thanks everyone!! We look forward to hearing about your tips and techniques and seeing you at Summit in Nashville.
Kathleen Butler, Focal Point Manager
Kerry Zhan, Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
IBTV will Broadcast Live from Summit 2008
Information Builders TV (IBTV) is a streaming Internet television station created to keep our customers, prospects, analysts, and members of the press updated on the latest happenings at Information Builders.
Our next live broadcast will be on Monday, June 2 from Summit 2008 in Nashville, Tennessee. Tune in at 8:45 AM Eastern Time (7:45 AM Central Time) to hear CEO Gerald Cohen deliver the current State of Information Builders address, including a market overview, company achievements, customer successes, and new and planned technologies.
Following Gerald’s presentation will be a lively discussion of the past, present and future of business intelligence. The panel will be moderated by Chief Marketing Officer Michael Corcoran and will feature leading industry analysts, Howard Dresner (Dresner Advisory Associates), Boris Evelson (Forrester Research), and Wayne Eckerson (TDWI).
Tune in early to catch the color commentary from IBTV on-air personalities Dennis McLaughlin, Chris Banks and Dan Grady.
If you miss the live broadcast, a recorded version will be posted later in the week.
Send requests and comments via e-mail to IBTV@informationbuilders.com or via AOL Instant Messenger (AIM) to screen name "IBTVLive."
|Powered by Social Strata|