Dear Focal Pointers,
In an effort to expand our Tips and Techniques Catalogue of Focal Point, please nominate tips that have helped you out in some way or another. In addition, if you have a tip that we don't already have in this section please submit it as well. Don't be shy!
All tips will be highlighted on Focal Point once published as part of our tip of the month.
As always, smart minds always get rewarded - everyone who participates will receive a promotional item.
Please email your tip and techniques submission to firstname.lastname@example.org, or send private message to either Kathleen Butler or myself. Take a look at the guidelines below for submitting a tip. If you are nominated, we will reach out to you to gather the information.
We are planning on having a sharing session at Summit 2010 hosted by IBI FOCWIZARDS – A gathering of Wizards. Details will be posted shortly.
* Please submit your Focal Point Tip and Technique in a doc file with your name, Focal Point ID, Company, Title, and number of years you have been using Focus/WebFOCUS.
* Submission must be in two parts:
--- In the first part describe the problem you are solving, e.g. I have three identical files on three separate machines, and I need to combine the data into one aggregated report.
--- In the second part show your solution or code (with comments).
* Your tip can be shown in 5 minutes or less.
* All entries will be judged on originality, complexity of problem, and elegance of solution.
* You must be a Focal Point Member to participate.
* If you need to send the submissions with any attachment file(s), please email to email@example.com.
Cheers,This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kerry,
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
Kerry - I fat-fingered the rating. I rate this piece with five stars, even though only one appeared.
Keep up the great work and sorry for the solo star.
Dev: 8.2.04- PostgreSQL
Test: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
Prod: 8.2.04 - PostgreSQL
|Powered by Social Strata|