Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements    Exclusive Offer for Focal Point members - Win a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablets
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Exclusive Offer for Focal Point members - Win a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablets
 Login/Join

Master
posted
Dear Focal Pointers,

Join us on Facebook for an exclusive chance to win one of two Galaxy Tab 2 7.0 Android tablets from Samsung. This would be a great time for you to entice your colleagues to also join Focal Point.

Whether you want to use it for work (deploying WebFOCUS mobile apps) or for play, the Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is one of the top-rated tablets currently on the market. And we've just launched a Facebook promotion exclusively for registered Focal Point users.

All it takes is a "Like" on Facebook, your name and e-mail address and you'll be entered to win.

Enter here: Information Builders' Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 Giveaway for Focal Point members.

No purchase necessary, open to residents of the US and Canada ages 18 and over. Promotion ends October 10, 2012. See full terms and conditions here.

Good luck!

Sincerely,

Kathleen Butler
Customer Care and Communications Manager
Information Builders, Inc.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Kathleen Butler,

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Frowner

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Mad The last item in the Terms turned me off: if Facebook messes up and spreads my name all over the place then it's not their fault or IBI's ........

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP

Posts: 674 | Location: Guelph, Ontario, Canada ... In Focus since 1985 | Registered: September 28, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Hi Kathleen,

I activated the "Like" on Facebook but through my personnal email. Is that correct to participate? If not, please tell me what should I do. Confused

Thanks.

Marikaki

WF 7.7.03m, MRE, BI Dashboard, DevStudio, Report Caster, Windows 7, I.E. 8/9, Apache Tomcat 6.0, Derby Output formats: Excel2K, PDF, HTML, AHTML

Posts: 96 | Location: Montreal, Quebec, Canada | Registered: January 20, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by George Patton:
Mad The last item in the Terms turned me off: if Facebook messes up and spreads my name all over the place then it's not their fault or IBI's ........

Hi, George. That disclaimer is a requirement for any promotion done on Facebook. If we leave it out then Facebook can (and will) disable our Facebook page.

The way we do the entry form is via a secure page on our web site displayed as an iframe within the Facebook environment. So we actually do not even make a call to the Facebook privacy module nor do we share any of this information with Facebook. Unless you tick the box that says "Please contact me" we don't hold onto that name and e-mail address for any longer than we need it to draw a winner.

Hope that helps.

Regards,

Chris

Posts: 55 | Location: New York | Registered: March 07, 2003Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Marikaki:
Hi Kathleen,

I activated the "Like" on Facebook but through my personnal email. Is that correct to participate? If not, please tell me what should I do. Confused

Thanks.

Hi, marikaki,

As long as the e-mail address you supplied on the entry form matches the one you use for focal point, you'll be eligible to win. It doesn't matter which email address is associated with your facebook account.

Hope that helps.

-Chris

Master
posted Hide Post
quote:
...open to residents of the US and Canada...

Razzer

Because Focal point and Facebook are just small local initiatives...

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
The part I don't like is having to get on FB at all.

Don't use and most likely never will.

In FOCUS since 1985. Prod WF 8.0.08 (z90/Suse Linux) DB (Oracle 11g), Self Serv, Report Caster, WebServer Intel/Linux.

Posts: 975 | Location: Oklahoma City | Registered: October 27, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

We will look into doing another promotion solely for Focal Point. I especially would like to publish more customer tips and techniques. Send me a private message with your ideas.

If you have any questions about the Focal Point/Facebook promotion please don't hesitate to contact me at Kathleen_Butler@ibi.com or Kerry_Zhan@ibi.com.

Best of luck!!

Thanks,

Kathleen Butler
Information Builders

Posts: 391 | Location: New York | Registered: September 20, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
I second the comment on not wanting to get onto Facebook. I'd like the Galaxy, but not enough to sign up for Facebook. Focal Point is as social as I get. Wink

Posts: 60 | Location: Ellensburg Washington | Registered: May 22, 2009Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Hi Michael,

That means I'll need a tip from you on the latest Salmon tracking down the Columbia River using Rstat. What an interesting case study.

For the folks that are on Facebook this is a great contest for them.

We will have another incentive for non Facebook folks soon.

Thanks,

Kathleen Butler
Information Builders

Gold member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Dave:
quote:
...open to residents of the US and Canada...

Razzer

Because Focal point and Facebook are just small local initiatives...

Exactly. Smiler

No, more like because doing Sweepstakes outside the US and Canada is extremely complicated from a legal standpoint and our corporate counsel won't touch that.

Sorry!

-Chris

Expert
posted Hide Post
quote:
more like because doing Sweepstakes outside the US and Canada is extremely complicated from a legal standpoint and our corporate counsel won't touch that

Even more unhappy.
Frowner

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
@Chris

Yes I know why. It IS complicated.

But may I suggest a subject change:

"Exclusive Offer for (SOME) Focal Point members - Win a Samsung Galaxy 2 tablets".

___
It's just a rant. It seems like 'the rest of the world' sometimes simply doesn't exist. IBI want to position itself as a world-player. They should act accordingly.
Or AT LEAST act as if they are aware 'them others' also are on the recieving end of the communications.
It's a good thing it mentioned directly in the post and somewhere in 'the full terms'.

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Bonjour,
We, French Guys, as you know, are the light of this world. So, I'm sure that IBF will bring on 'Le Bon Coin' plenty of Galaxies.
Thanks in advance
Waz, I'm frightfully jealous of your concision, you say so much with so little.

Focus Mainframe 7.6.11
Dev Studio 7.6.11 and !!!
PC Focus, Focus for OS/2, FFW Six, MSO

Posts: 134 | Registered: November 06, 2007Report This Post