Job Title: IT Business Intelligence Data Modeler
The primary responsibility of this position is to review, monitor, develop, analyze and modify the programming and data systems including encoding, testing and debugging to support the MS SQL 2008/2012 Data Warehouses, Information Builders Data Migrator (ETL) processes and in-house applications. This is a "learn on the go" position, and will be expected to work on production support related activities as well as implement new reporting and dashboard requirements. This position may lead/direct the work of others.
• Design new modules and methodologies to improve system efficiency.
• Work extensively within IT reporting team and provide support to business users for their reporting needs.
• Develop, maintain, test and evaluate data solutions within the organization.
• Document and improve data foundational procedures, guidelines and standards.
• Define and create ETL mapping and process flow as well as provide daily production support to ETL processes, Data Warehouse and end-user community.
• Work independently with business customers to provide requirements analysis and define the scope for new data requirements and perform changes to existing functionality as required.
• Coordinate with appropriate business and IT partners regarding recommendations and system changes.
• Define logical and physical data model including data mapping and distribution layouts.
• Implement databases to accommodate ETL loading, transformation and summarizing/aggregating data.
• Transform business requirements into technical designs.
• Guide other team members on data projects in ETL and Integration areas.
• Participate in system integrated testing to ensure software requirements have been met.
• Maintain up-to-date documentation and other changes done to the system on a regular basis.
• Adhere to, support and participate in compliance initiatives.
• Maintain accurate and up-to-date documentation on Data Warehouse, Business Intelligence and in-house develop applications.
Qualifications and skillsets:
• 5 years of progressive experience in a corporate IT group as a Data Systems Integrator, Data Modeler, or similar position.
• 3 years of ETL experience using tools such as Information Builder's iWay, Informatica, or a similar tool.
• Bachelor's degree preferred.
• Strong experience in using data modeling tools.
• Strong Microsoft SQL 2008 R2 and/or 2012 knowledge or other relational databases.
• Strong knowledge in SQL Queries, Metadata and database concepts.
• Strong Microsoft Windows suite knowledge (Excel, Word, Visio, PPT, etc.)
• Flexibility to adjust and thrive in an environment with changing requirements, schedules and priorities for multiple projects and assignments.
• Strong analytical and problem solving skills with the ability to troubleshoot under pressure.
• Strong communication skills; able to clearly and concisely express technical information and data to non-technical associates, business partners, peers and management.
• Strong English language writing skills and presentation/meeting facilitation skills.
• Healthcare industry experience preferred.
To apply please submit your resume at www.avamere.com.
Windows, All Outputs
|Powered by Social Strata|