Title: Data Support Analyst
The Data Support Analyst will provide data reporting to internal and external customers, processing agent license renewals annually, manage data quality for this large national financial corporation. Will maintain, code, and document configuration files for Agency Distribution / Compensation system using a data query based language.
Create, execute, and/or seek proper business approval for test plans. must have the ability to formulate and document the required test case scenarios.
Models data based on proposed commission schedules and sales campaigns.
Develop dashboards, scheduled reports, and ad hoc reports by accessing data mart tables to support Field Relations, Service Operations, Distribution, & Marketing using WebFocus, Microsoft Access, and Microsoft Excel.
Establish and maintain source system expertise in agent, agency, Performance, and policy related databases.
Establishes and enforces processes to ensure consistent and well managed, data warehouse reporting.
Acquire a thorough knowledge of Individual insurance products and relevant business processes within the Individual Division.
Actively works to develop ongoing partnership with partner teams.
Promote teamwork above self-interest
3-5 years experience in systems.
• Good working knowledge of database design concepts language.
Create, execute, and/or seek proper business approval for test plans. Must have the ability to formulate and document the required test case scenarios.
• Excellent analytical and problem solving skills
• Database reporting experience
• Knowledge of current reporting tools (WebFOCUS, Business Objects)
• Knowledge of Microsoft products, especially Access and Excel. Knowledge of Excel VBA a plus.
• Ability to translate business needs into reporting solutions
• Ability to process configuration changes for compensation schedules, sales campaigns, licensing rules, and other scenarios from provided business requirements.
• Testing and debugging
• Strong interpersonal skills
• Strong written and **** communication skills
• Mainframe/LIDP knowledge is a plus
• Initiative and the ability to work without direct supervision
• The ability to work effectively with all levels of staff
• Ability to create training programs and teach end users
• Working knowledge of the insurance industry, it’s operations and it’s terminology
BS degree. This position is 70% BA, 30% technical. Prefer developer background but outgoing personality, comfortable working with end users to gather requirements. Ability to make decisions without hand holding. Ability to massage data in their new agency commission system. Need someone well organized, time management, knowledge of business and how to apply to everyday situations. Multi tasker able to prioritize.
|Powered by Social Strata|