Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements    WebFOCUS Keysheet Release 8.0 ... and Individual Chapters Available
Page 1 2 

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
WebFOCUS Keysheet Release 8.0 ... and Individual Chapters Available
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
Hello All,

We now (Sept 11, 2013) have separate chapters of the technical reference book WebFOCUS Keysheet Release 8 available at www.aviter.com.

Aviter, Inc. now has a sample extract from the PDF of the WebFOCUS Keysheet Release 8.0.2 Formatted to fit either on your IPAD or PC. Full searching capability!

We also have a sample of the (Almost) 1001 Ways to Work With Dates in WebFOCUS Release 8.0.2. It has been called the Bible of WebFOCUS Date manipulation!

In addition to WebFOCUS Keysheet, we also have a fully updated FOCUS Keysheet and for all you old timers PC FOCUS 6.4 Keysheet. Both are in full color, PDFs or Spiral Bound full color Books.

The PDF and print book are identical. You can use the PDF to search for a topic, note the page you want, and then switch to the print book to have it by the keyboard while you work on your project. This eliminates switching back-and-forth from the PDF to your project.

PowerPoint presentations for both the color coded Keysheet and Dates PDFs/books are available. We even have a version with speaker's notes if you want to share with others.

Drop me an email at vivian@aviter.com and let me know what you would like.

Vivian Perlmutter
www.webfocuskeysheet.com

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Vivian,

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel. 8.0.2
(Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates thru Rel. 8.0.2
Focus since 1982
WebFOCUS since the beginning
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Well, it turns out that Adam Cohen of IBI is a much better describer of the WebFOCUS Keysheet Release 8 than I could ever be. These are his words:

"WebFOCUS Keysheets - published by Aviter - is the most convenient, easy to use book
that contains every command featured in Information Builders' WebFOCUS. Leverage
the Keysheet to make it easier to design impactful reports from WebFOCUS through our
color-coded and hyperlinked guide. Test drive it. Email
Vivian@aviter.com"

Thanks Adam. I could never have described it better!

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Posts: 191 | Location: Henderson, Nevada | Registered: April 29, 2003Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
PDF Hints - When you are viewing a PDF, the Search function may be called by the Ctrl+F combination. The Advanced Search may be called by Ctrl+Shift+F. These are also available on the EDIT menu.
When following hyperlinks, the Alt+Left-Arrow moves backwards thru the links while the Alt+Right-Arrow moves forward.

WebFOCUS 8.0.2, FOCUS since 1977 - John@Aviter.com
PDF , Excel, FOCUS, Author of the Keysheets and Dates book.
www.Aviter.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
I have to admit, its great, perfect those quick checks for syntax and refresher for those less used functions and commands.

I now find my self grabbing for the PDF version instead of the paper one, before the online documentation.

The PDF Ctrl+Shift+F search is brilliant. It list all the search results.

I wish I had got this a long time ago.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Highly recommend this reference not only for the indexing and organization, but for content too. There are many hidden nuggets that you will find. I'm on my third set and if you have ever purchased manuals this is a MUCH cheaper option.

WebFOCUS 7703
linux 64bit
Graphs, Excel, HTML (launch pages), Power Point, PDF, HOLD files, MRE, Report Caster

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Waz and Ochocinco for your comments.

I will be at Summit and will have copies of the WebFOCUS Keysheet Rel 8.0.2 and (Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates. If any of you are there, please stop by and say hi and take a look at these color coded, spiral bound (yes, they lie flat) books.

You can also test drive the full color, hyperlinked PDFs. I think you will be blown away by the amount of information contained in them.

And, for you oldies, I will have the original Focus Keysheets as a walk through time. You will see how much the language has grown through the years! A little bit of memory lane.

Hope to see you there!

Vivian

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
i can't live w/o mine, dog-eared, and locked up!
i will definitely buy this next version. Looking forward to saying hello.

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Thanks Susannah. I have learned so much from your posts over the years (not to mention a little wingding issue several years ago) that I am happy that you can find answers in the Keysheets. You will love the color editions and the PDFs.

I look forward to seeing you at Summit. In the mean time, happy WebFOCUSing.

Vivian

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Guru
posted Hide Post
I also keep my KeySheet book locked up, it's the handiest reference ever. Thanks for the test drive color version, it rocks! Cool

WebFOCUS 7.6.6/TomCat/Win2k3

Posts: 428 | Location: Springfield, MA | Registered: May 07, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
We are getting a terrific response to the WebFOCUS Keysheet Release 8.0.2 and the (Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates Rel 8.0.2. It is really gratifying knowing that we are able to help the WebFOCUS community with these great documents. Thank you all for your support!

And, anyone who has not yet seen the Keysheets, please feel free to drop me a line for the sample extracts -- or if you are still at Summit, drop by the booth.

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Vivian:
We are getting a terrific response to the WebFOCUS Keysheet Release 8.0.2 and the (Almost) 1001 Ways to Work with Dates Rel 8.0.2. It is really gratifying knowing that we are able to help the WebFOCUS community with these great documents. Thank you all for your support!

And, anyone who has not yet seen the Keysheets, please feel free to drop me a line for the sample extracts -- or if you are still at Summit, drop by the booth.

We are offering 10% off until Sunday June 16, 2013. Enter the keyword "Summit" and it will be discounted at checkout time!

And, thanks to everyone for showing such great support of this documentation!

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Viv -

You forgot to mention, the PDF version will be personalized (spell your name carefully).

Marvels of the electronic age.

- Jack

Posts: 1925 | Location: NYC | In FOCUS since 1983 | Registered: January 11, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
I bought the new version at summit, in print, autographed! how do i now buy the pdf version at some special cool discounted price?

In Focus since 1979///7706m/5 ;wintel 2008/64;OAM security; Oracle db, ///MRE/BID

Posts: 3811 | Location: Manhattan | Registered: October 28, 2003Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
To get the current discount - which will end this Sunday - so hurry...

Type in the keyword "Summit" in the coupon box when you go to check out.

And thanks!

Vivian Perlmutter
Aviter, Inc.

Focus since 1982
Vivian@aviter.com

Expert
posted Hide Post
i don't see a price for the ebook if you already bought the print...