Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
just joined
 Login/Join

Silver Member
posted
just joined this forum + trying out how all the features work

a bit surprised this forum doesn't have "Introduce Yourself" and "Suggestions & Feedback" topics as these are often part of most forums

unless i missed something there doesn't appear to be a obvious and easy connection from the forum to the profile and vice versa

one more question before i close off this trial post : why is the "Focus/WebFocus" section one huge lump rather than being divided into subgroups ?

[edit]
one more thing : is there a way to sort threads within a topic in descending chronological order by date of last post ?
[/edit]

This message has been edited. Last edited by: marnixR,

WebFocus 7.6.5 - Windows XP - admin of http://thescienceforum.org/ and Philosophorum

Posts: 30 | Location: Port Talbot | Registered: November 09, 2006Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Welcome, I would say the 'lumping' is because some individuals use FOCUS some WebFOCUS some both. FOCUS code is pretty much the same in all environments. This way we share our pains and joys with all. Again welcome aboard from one who started out in the FOCUS world and is now in the WebFOCUS world.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by marnixR:
[edit]
one more thing : is there a way to sort threads within a topic in descending chronological order by date of last post ?
[/edit]

oh, i get it : the 2 posts at the top are stickies aren't they ? the exclamation mark doesn't make it very obvious

WebFocus 7.6.5 - Windows XP - admin of http://thescienceforum.org/ and Philosophorum

Posts: 30 | Location: Port Talbot | Registered: November 09, 2006Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
you're going to start hating me for my never-ending questions + suggestions, but here goes : why can't i see anyone's avatar ?

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Where are you looking, maybe they didn't put one out there. I know mine has only been there about a year.

Leah

Posts: 1317 | Location: Council Bluffs, IA | Registered: May 24, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
if you mean where do i expect to see the avatar on the screen, then i suppose it should be under the name + type of member bit

if you mean where am i located, that's Port Talbot, South Wales, UK - is it a feature that needs to be made available per geographical area ? i was able to upload one no probs

This message has been edited. Last edited by: marnixR,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
South Wales, how nice. Actually I don't think the avatar has ever been on the post screen.

And since you said where you are, I'm in the mid-western United States.

Leah

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi Marnix,

Port Talbot? You must be working for a certain steel company then!

Anyway welcome to the forum.

The reason you won't see anybodies avatar is that, I believe, a decision was taken not to show them on posts only on PMs.

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post
Silver Member
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by Tony A:
Hi Marnix,

Port Talbot? You must be working for a certain steel company then!

correct

about the avatars - i assume the decision was taken for reasons of space, but it's still a pity

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
A bit late reaction Marnix, but I found this part of the forum just today.
So you are working for an Indian company ?

I live and work in the Netherlands near the Dutch part of that company.

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
Tony - there is only one company using Webfocus in Port Talbot? Sorry, I'm a bit geographically challenged.

marnixR - welcome from southeast US. you won't find an avatar for me - don't got one. David Beckham is settled in LA. Probably won't do wonders for the quality of soccer here but between him and the spice girl will probably draw a lot of audience which is only a good thing. Okay, back to Webfocus...

WF 8.1.05 Windows

Posts: 333 | Location: Orlando, FL | Registered: October 17, 2006Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Anatess,

Port Talbot, Wales, United Kingdom, across the pond!! Lovely part of the country providing that you have your back to the steel works (no offence to residents) and a lovely part of our country to visit if you get the chance!

T

In FOCUS
since 1986
WebFOCUS Server 8.2.01M, thru 8.2.07 on Windows Svr 2008 R2  
WebFOCUS App Studio 8.2.06 standalone on Windows 10 

Posts: 5694 | Location: United Kingdom | Registered: April 08, 2004Report This Post