Focal Point
WebFOCUS BSA opportunity in Richmond, Virginia

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1281057331/m/8517054826

February 01, 2013, 12:54 PM
Josh.Machia
WebFOCUS BSA opportunity in Richmond, Virginia
Business Analyst

Contract—Richmond, VA

UDig has a 6 month contract position in Richmond, VA. Our client is seeking a Business Analyst. The position will be responsible for providing business analysis, production support, defining highly complex user requirements/objectives, testing support and process (technical) writing. This position will entail documenting highly complex process and procedures, supporting user and production questions, performing user acceptance testing and assisting with various project management functions. The ideal candidate will be able to act as both a business analyst and a test analyst based on the needs of the project.

Qualifications:
5-7+ years experience working in a business analyst position
Knowledge of WebFOCUS reporting tool and experience using it to create queries, reports
Experience in troubleshooting and problem resolution, working with outside software vendors
Experience developing and executing test procedures
Extensive knowledge of software QA testing concepts, processes, procedures, and tools
Experience in writing acceptance test plans and test scripts
Experience in documenting business processes, and partnering with technical analysts to document procedures and user guides
Ability to work well in a fast paced environment
Strong organizational skills
Ability to present complex solutions to customer’s senior management
Ability to ask leading questions to elicit true application requirements from senior stakeholders
Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written
Excellent meeting facilitation skills
Excellent customer support skills
Bachelors degree (or higher) in Information Technology or related field preferred
Business analyst certification or training highly desirable
Experience with Word, Excel, Visio, Power Point and Lotus Notes.
Knowledge of Project Management principles and experience working in a project environment

About UDig:

UDig is a Richmond based information technology staffing and consulting firm founded in 2001 with additional offices in Hampton Roads, Washington, D.C., and Raleigh. UDig offers a unique blend of technical expertise and recruitment strategies. As a candidate we understand that you are more than your professional skills. We get to know more than your technical expertise to ensure that we find the best environment to meet your goals. As for our name? It's our belief that you should "Do what you dig."

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
February 02, 2013, 09:55 AM
George Patton
Not interested in the position, but it's nice to know someone else out there is using WF and Lotus Notes.

WebFOCUS 7.7.05 Windows, Linux, DB2, IBM Lotus Notes, Firebird, Lotus Symphony/OpenOffice. Outputs PDF, Excel 2007 (for OpenOffice integration), WP
February 12, 2013, 12:11 PM
tlbrydie2
Hello Josh,

My name is Timothy Brydie. I am currently on assignment @ the Federal Reserve Bank/Richmond. That assignment is schedualed to end on 2/22, at which time I will return to my home in Atlanta, Ga to seek other employment opportunities. However, since I am already here, soon to be available and qualified for the position I would love the opportunity to speak with you. I do not check focal point often. To that end I can be reached at timothy_brydie@hotmail.com. I look forward to your contact so that we can speak about the position further.

Regards,
Timothy Brydie