Focal Point
WF experience

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1281057331/m/8671087191

October 19, 2006, 10:07 AM
OMD
WF experience
Being a 18 year mainframe (VM & MVS) FOCUS designer/Programmer I am frustrated in not being able to move into the web word using Web FOCUS. I have taken the basic Building Reports with Report Painter and the Developing a Structured Ad Hoc Application but have not had the opportunity to put this info into use.

Does anyone have any suggestions for finding employment where I could move into this web development area and exhance my employablility? I live in NJ and would consider moving anywhere in the NE.

Thank you for your thoughts about this.
October 20, 2006, 05:43 PM
Tomsweb
This can be a hard nut to crack...I suggest attending the local FUSE meetings...

Unfortunatley, you may have missed this big user group meeting:.

Also post your resmue at monster.com and dice.com as I did. One year ago I was in the same boat you are in...good luck!

Tomsweb
WebFOCUS 8.1.05M, 8.2.x
APP Studio, Developer Studio, InfoAssist, Dashboards, charts & reports
Apache Tomcat/8.0.36
October 23, 2006, 02:58 PM
Prarie
I was in that boat a few years ago...learn as much as you can on your own, go to classes if you can IBI offers...add any classes to your resume. It is easier for a Focus Person to learn the Web Part, then a new person to learn WebFocus...it's still Focus under the covers.
Good Luck

In Focus since 1993. WebFOCUS 7.7.03 Win 2003
Try:

Ron Hamrick

TechSolutions Corporation

(703) 455-7558

Glenda

In FOCUS Since 1990
Production 8.2 Windows
There's a job posted on this site for a WF Developer in Maryland. It's a permanent position.