July 17, 2013, 01:53 PMBruce Weaymans
Business Intelligence Manager - Direct Hire - Mt. Laurel, NJ - To $115K
Business Intelligence Manager
RDC Biz is staffing a BI Manager to head up the Business Intelligence initiative for our valued client, Marlin Business Services, in Mount Laurel, New Jersey. This is a full-time, direct hire role.
The BI Team Lead will manage the Business Intelligence Team currently consisting of 4 individuals. The team is responsible for evaluating reporting requirements for various business units across the organization and delivering a data reporting solution to meet their needs. The individual will be in charge of development of internal management reports for the all aspects of business reporting utilizing scheduled and on-demand delivery methods as well as assisting power users with report writing. In addition, this individual will be responsible for the development, maintenance and monitoring of various scheduled feeds which are extracted from internal systems and delivered to third parties.
• Provide leadership in the develop processes, solutions, and best practices for the BI technical team by applying technical knowledge and skills with a comprehensive understanding of the business.
• Proactively identify and solve complex problems that have an adverse effect on the business.
• Research, review, and analyze the effectiveness and efficiency of existing report procedures and develop strategies for enhancing or further leveraging these processes.
• Manages projects and requests as they relate to the current infrastructure and backlog.
• Oversee the implementation of reporting structures in regards to technical changes and change management.
• Communicate reporting changes, enhancements, and modifications – verbally or through written documentation – to management and other employees so that issues and solutions are understood.
• Define and document report specs.
• BS Degree in Information Technology or equivalent experience.
• WebFOCUS Development Experience or some equivalent background with reporting tools.
• At least 10 plus years of development experience utilizing BI and ETL technologies.
• Relational Database Skills (MS SQL Server, Sybase, Oracle).
• HTML skill is a plus.
• Financial services background is a plus.
• Excellent organization and follow through skills.
• Excellent interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills.
• Ability to build and maintain good rapport with internal and external customers and handle situations with confidence, tact and resourcefulness.
• Flexible, adaptable with the ability to work under pressure to meet deadlines in a fast paced office environment.
• Ability to explain complex technical systems in simple terms.
• Ability to apply best practices and common sense in prioritizing requests coming from across the organization.
Engagement Type: Direct Hire – Full Time
Start Date: ASAP
Salary: $100K - $115K plus Benefits Package
Location: Mount Laurel, NJ
If you are interested, qualified and available for this position, please reply with your updated resumé at your earliest convenience. If you are not interested but know someone who might be, RDC pays a referral fee upon placement.
You may email me at email@example.com or call me directly at 267.573.4380.