Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  Events, Job Postings, Miscellaneous Announcements    Remote V7 to 8 migration role

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Remote V7 to 8 migration role
 Login/Join

posted
Hello, I am looking for a consultant who has experience within the v 7 to 8 migration for a client of mine on the east coast. The client is OK with 100% remote and start date would be 1/25 or 2/1

please email me if you are interested tyson_franco@oxfordcorp.com.
C2C or W2

Start 1/25 or 2/1
1 month (this is an estimate)
100% Remote (est time)

Client is migrating from version 7.6.10 to 8.1.1 and needs a conversation expert with security experience. They would expect the consultant to adjust/fix the reports from the upgrades and apply the role/user level security as well. They currently have the development and test environment in the same instance. They have about 25k master files, and have 12k reports and they ran them through an analyzer and was reported they have 6500 that need to be fixed for the migration. They did evaluate the system and figured out there is some high level/1 off type of reports that are not being used, so it wouldn’t be as big of a number once identified the necessary reports. They are guessing 2500 reports would need to be fixed/adjusted.

They would like to know what the best practices are for security, as they would request this consultant to set up the roles and have it play nice with active directory. The second need would be to help migrate/fix the programs moving over, and perform light training to the users how to migrate reports over themselves. They will have two environments set up test/dev and Production. This is an windows environment as well.

This project is OK to be 100% remote

Must
Webfocus sme
Migration from 7.x to 8.x
Security set up

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs

Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
Nice remote work. Wish I can take that but I don't have experience with v8.

7.66 and 7.704
System: Windows / AIX / Linux
Output: Mostly HTML, with some PDF, Excel and Lotus(!)

Posts: 147 | Location: Toronto (GTA) | Registered: May 25, 2005Report This Post