I have an opportunity available for a FOCUS Business Analyst in Doral, Florida. Mainframe FOCUS experience is preferred, but from what I have learned...both mainframe and webfocus are similar in terms of code. Essentially, this person would be decoding the business logic out of an existing legacy code. The official description is below:
IT FOCUS Business Analyst Position to research, flow, and document highly complex and integrated FOCUS program logic in support of IT strategic direction for existing Business processes within the enterprises' complex core Vehicle Administration & Finance systems.
Add position specific responsibilities
- Works directly with Business users, IT Director, Manager, and Technical Subject Matter Experts to document existing FOCUS application systems.
- Researches current production systems, ad hoc processes, manual processes and documents business process flows, data flows, and interfaces, including on-line and batch inputs/outputs, file structures, database and transaction processes.
- Prepares “As Is” processes and flows.
- Recommends alternatives and approaches for strategic reengineering.
- Prepares project written Business & Technical System Design documents.
- Documents definition and design of application balancing and controls procedures/reporting.
- Capable of preparing PowerPoint presentations.
- Reports to IT Director and IT Manager.
Add position specific requirements
- Bachelor's or equivalent, MIS Business Analyst or other related degree required.
- 5+ years of mainframe-based FOCUS application development experience required.
- 5+ years of Business Analysis experience required.
- High level of experience coding both batch and interactive FOCUS applications.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, with ability to express complex technical concepts in business terms.
- Strong communication and relationship skills with IT peers and business system application owners/users.
- Experience using Microsoft Office tools (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, and Visio).
- Conceptual knowledge of information technology’s and methodology’s in mainframe, midrange, client-server, and web-based computing environments.
- Preparation of weekly status reports.
- Business accounting and knowledge working with large mainframe Vehicle Administration & Finance Accounting systems preferred, to include:
- Vehicle life-cycle tracking (Purchasing through Disposal)
- Vehicle Performance analysis and reporting
- Equipment Book and Tax Depreciation
- Equipment Capitalization
- Interest Allocation
- Federal Highway Use Tax
- Finance Accounting for Owned, Capitalized and Operating Equipment
- Vehicle Rebates and Rebate Billing and Collections
- Lease Contract Sales and Commissions
- Used Vehicle Sales and Commissions
If interested, please contact me for more information at the following address: email@example.com
|Powered by Social Strata|