iTPC is seeking a Principal Software Engineer/Developer - Reporting Technical Lead for a direct hire position with one of our clients in Durham, NC
- Distributed Systems Development team is seeking a Principal Software Engineer/Developer to work on Life Insurance, Personal Investing and shared enterprise reporting and business intelligence platforms. Assignments will include working as an individual contributor and as a technical lead. This individual will be responsible for development and support of reporting and business intelligence platforms.
This job requires strong **** and written communication, relationship management and conflict resolution skills. The ideal candidate will be an energetic and resourceful team-player and leader who can effectively work with our globally distributed technology team.
• Responsible for the reporting application architecture and ensures conformance to established standards. Ensures reporting architecture is scalable and extensible.
• The individual must quickly and accurately understand the scope and complexity of the proposed enhancements and or Production issues, and be able to communicate clearly to the stakeholders.
• The individual should be able to handle working on multiple tasks in parallel in the correct order of priority.
• Capable of completing design and development of the most complex components of the reports.
• Capable of advanced performance tuning of reports.
• Responsible for resolving technical roadblocks involving multiple technologies.
• Responsible for distributing work assignments in conjunction with the project manager.
• Participates in requirements gathering and scope estimation meetings.
• Primary point of contact for reporting development team to the project manager, lead systems analyst and QA lead.
• Accountable for ensuring assigned development work is completed efficiently, meets business requirements, stays within scope, and is delivered on time.
• Responsible for Technical Systems Design (TSD) document delivery and reviewing all project artifacts including requirements (SRA) and functional specifications (SDS).
• Continually improve quality of development team deliverables. Ensures code reviews, unit testing and integration testing is completed efficiently and effectively.
• Take turns with rest of team performing on-call support responsibilities.
Technical – Core Skills – Expert–level experience in one or more of the following with Mid-level experience in another: Candidate who will be selected to progress further is one that is an expert OBIEE developer and has experience with hyperion, WebFocus or BO
• Business Objects
Technical – Core Skills – Capable (some of the following):
• UNIX scripting
• Operating Systems : Linux/Unix/AIX
o Team player capable of working in a demanding development environment
o 9+ years of software development experience
o 7+ years Report development and support experience
o 3+ years of experience as a technical lead on medium to large projects
o 3+ years of Oracle PL/SQL development and support experience
o Waterfall and Agile Software Lifecycle Methodology experience
o Strong problem solving and multi-tasking skills
o Strong written and verbal communication skills
If interested and qualified please send your detailed resume with current US work authorization immediately. US Citizens, Green Card and EAD welcome to apply.
H1 candidates must have min 3 years left on H1B.
Please send detailed resume to Nicki for immediate review.
iT People Corporation
919-806-3535 ext. 105
Windows, All Outputs