Focal Point
[CLOSED] NLS_LANG environment variable for Oracle Adapter

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/1007055396

June 04, 2020, 07:45 AM
Maran
[CLOSED] NLS_LANG environment variable for Oracle Adapter
Hi Everyone!!!!

How to set the NLS_LANG environment variable for Oracle in DataMigrator? I need to load the Unicode values from Oracle source table. I already changed the Code Page to 65001 for Unicode.
I checked the documentation "Configuring Oracle for Unicode" and it says "You must set the NLS_LANG environment variable in the edastart file, in a separate shell file, in a database profile, or in a user profile.".

Then included the below code in Workspace>>Configuration files>>Miscellaneous>>edastart file and saved the file. But after the restart, the DataMigrator not showing Unicode characters(Chinese) while fetching sample data from oracle source table.
NLS_LANG=American_America.UTF8

Can anyone please tell me the steps to add NLS_LANG environment variable for Oracle/Oracle Adapter?

While Creating Oracle adapter, The Environment variables section says "Must be defined before the server starts". I don't know where I need to define this.

Thanks in Advance!!!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Maran,

WebFOCUS 8201m
Windows,AppStudio, DevStudio,All Outputs
June 05, 2020, 08:16 AM
Uros Malnarsic
Hi Maran, if your DataMigrator Server is installed on Windows, you can create the System Environment Variable by following these steps (and the screenshot):

1. Open Control Panel -> System
2. Click on Advanced system settings
3. Under the Advanced tab click the the Environment Variables button
4. Under System variables click the New... button
5. Enter Variable name (NLS_LANG) and Variable value (American_America.UTF8)
6. Click OK 3 times
7. Reboot Windows

Hope this helps.

Kind regards,
Uroš Malnaršič
June 05, 2020, 05:17 PM
Maran
Uroš,

Thanks for your detailed Steps!!!!

WebFOCUS 8201m
Windows,AppStudio, DevStudio,All Outputs
June 05, 2020, 07:50 PM
Uros Malnarsic
Maran,

you are most welcome. Glad to hear it helped!

Cheers,
Uroš