Focal Point
iWay Adapter Manager Help

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/1031078331

June 24, 2005, 09:00 AM
<hansi>
iWay Adapter Manager Help
I am new to iWay and I am currently going through a couple of documents to learn about the system. I had a quick question here - I need to have an application that connects to any of the 280+ adapters from my standalone client application and gets the results from these systems. I am aware of the listeners which we need to define and also that the iWay manager converts these request xmls to iWay specific xmls and finally connects to the EIS(by defining agents). Is this understanding correct ?
Also, if for example , I need to connect to a SAP R3 system, am i suppose to know the xmls for each of the BAPI calls? or is there some generic xml i would need to use to get to all the BAPIs/RFCs etc..?
Next, I had read that the iAM(adapter manager) can be deployed as a NT service or it can be deployed in an application server. How can i do this?

Thanks,
Hansi
June 24, 2005, 03:19 PM
<DocServices>
Hello,

I broke your questions down into sections with the answers:

"I need to have an application that connects to any of the 280+ adapters from my stand-alone client application and gets the results from these systems�

The answer: You can develop such an application to establish a connection, but to use each adapter requires adapter specific XML messages�each back end system has unique message and communication requirements. You need to use the Application Explorer and Adapter Manager to configure connections to back end systems and establish run time capabilities.

"I am aware of the listeners which we need to define and also that the iWay manager converts these request xmls to iWay specific xmls and finally connects to the EIS(by defining agents). Is this understanding correct?�

The answer: Basically, very basically, this is correct.

"Also, if for example , I need to connect to a SAP R3 system, am i suppose to know the xmls for each of the BAPI calls? or is there some generic xml i would need to use to get to all the BAPIs/RFCs etc..?

The answer: "The schema for each BAPI is different. You can use Application Explorer to generate a schema for each BAPI.

"Next, I had read that the iAM(adapter manager) can be deployed as a NT service or it can be deployed in an application server. How can i do this?"

The answer: Adapter Manager can be deployed as an XML service. However, it cannot be deployed to another application server. Other iWay components can be deployed to a third-party app server, but not iAM.

I hope this helps.

-Jenn