Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [SOLVED]Cannot connect to WebFocus Environment->localhost

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[SOLVED]Cannot connect to WebFocus Environment->localhost
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I have installed WebFocus 8.0.0.3 in my system and when I open it, I cannot connect to WebFocus Environment->localhost and my 'Project on Localhost' is kind of disabled.

My Apache Tomcat 7.0 starts and stops within a second saying that some services stops automatically if they have no work to do.

And my WebFocus 80 Server for Developer Studio failed to start.

Can you plz help me in fixing this?.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Emily McAllister>,

Master
posted Hide Post
Try to start the server in command mode. It will tell you, what is missing?

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
You can also check the WebFOCUS server log, edaprint, and also the tomcat logs for any errors

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Praveen,

Sounds like you're having connection problems with DevStudio.

If you have not had to recreate the connections to the server, it probably means your old wfscom.xml file was kept from the previous release. Try to remove this file, it will be recreated when your start DevStudio again and add your new environments.

Delete the file wfscom.xml that is in the following location:

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Information Builders

or for older OS on:

%USERPROFILE%\Application Data\Information Builders

Then start DevStudio and create your environment again. The file will be recreated with the new format.

Let us know if that helps you connect.

NG

--
WebFOCUS 8.2.03 on Linux

Posts: 8 | Location: Canada | Registered: March 23, 2010Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
The issue is with Tomcat. If it doens't stay started, then WebFOCUS isn't going to work.

I would start by checking the java configured for tomcat. start, information builders, tomcat, tomcat configuration utility, click the java tab. verify that version of java exists, and is a supported java version. or, hardcode in a path to another installed java, and see if tomcat stays up.

if you hardcode it, it's a value like.....
c:\Program Files\Java\jdk1.6.0_17\jre\bin\server\jvm.dll
Tomcat has to stay up, for localhost to work

WebFocus 7x, 8x, Win / Linux, any output format

Posts: 70 | Location: reading, pa | Registered: April 07, 2007Report This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Praveen,

This is a known issue with the Developer Studio 8.0.03 package that was originally posted on the software download site. Tomcat is not being configured correctly. Please open a case on InfoResponse Online so that we can walk you through updating the Tomcat configuration.

Please note that this issue has been corrected in the Developer Studio 8.0.03 version currently available for download. Re-downloading and installing is another way to correct this.

Update: If you will be downloading and reinstalling, please ensure that you remove Developer Studio and Tomcat before starting the install.

We're sorry for any inconvenience this has caused you. We are notifying specific customers impacted by this.

Regards,

Kathryn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
How to find the correct version (bug free) of developer studio?

You mentioned as "known issue with the Developer Studio 8.0.03 package" and it has been corrected in the Developer Studio 8.0.03 version.

If I download it 2 weeks back then do I have the corrected version?

WFConsultant

WF 8105M on Win7/Tomcat

Posts: 780 | Location: Florida | Registered: January 09, 2005Report This Post
<Kathryn Henning>
posted
Hi Kamesh,

This issue was corrected in the Developer Studio download package with a date of 08/05/2013.

Please note that this only occurs if Tomcat is installed and configured through the Developer Studio installation. The issue does not occur if Tomcat was installed with an earlier 8002 Developer Studio package or if it was installed through WebFOCUS.

UPDATE: Apache Tomcat can also get started and stopped through a command window by running the jobs:
{CATALINA_HOME}\bin\startup.bat and {CATALINA_HOME}\bin\shutdown.bat
where {CATALINA_HOME} is the home directory of your Apache Tomcat installation e.g. c:\ibi\tomcat\

Regards,

Kathryn

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Newbie,

I am also facing this issue but i deleted wfscom.xml file in the following location

%USERPROFILE%\AppData\Roaming\Information Builders

Then again i entered Localhost credentials(admin) then that
wfscom.xml new file is created but i am unable to connect Webfocus Environment.

Showing Error 12029-Unable to connect Webfocus Environment

Warm Regards,
Kranthi Kumar.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows 7, HTML, PDF

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
12029-Unable to connect Webfocus Environment

Hi Kranthi,

Welcome to Focal Point!

This an older topic and may not be reviewed by the original owner.
Also, this is the iWay Forum but the topic seems to be related Dev Studio.

If this is with Dev Studio then make sure your environment is set correctly.

Open DevSTUDIO -> File -> Show Environments -> Pick the environment -> Click
properties -> Web Component -> Port -> Web Component Authentication dropdown

Also make sure no credentials are specified on the "WebFOCUS" component within
the environment properties.

Please verify the following....

WebFOCUS client may have also rejected your
userid as having insufficient permission to use DevSTUDIO against that
environment.

Please make sure your user belongs to a group that is granted the appropriate
DevSTUDIO permissions through a role.

Make sure all your services are running such as Tomcat and Reporting Server.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kind Regards,
Tamra Colangelo
IBI Focal Point Moderator

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Hi Colangelo,

Thanks for sharing your valuable information.

Now the issue is resolved.

Regards,
Kranthi Kumar.

WebFOCUS 8
Windows 7, HTML, PDF