Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Data Migrator query question on select top n rows - newbie

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Data Migrator query question on select top n rows - newbie
 Login/Join

Gold member
posted
I am trying to select the top 5000 rows and get the following: Token 5000 was not valid

What are the valid tokens and where do I find them. Is my query statement correct:

select TOP 5000 BETRM, BEACYR FROM Myfile Where BEACYR = 2011

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7

Posts: 55 | Location: USA | Registered: November 02, 2009Report This Post
Expert
posted Hide Post
Does the source DB support TOP ?

What is it?

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984
Pity the lost knowledge of an old programmer!

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
It is AS400 and I got it to work. I was initially trying the top n rows when I added the fetch n rows only. I didn't clear out the "top n" so it was still erroring out.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brenda Wilkerson,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7

Gold member
posted Hide Post
The reason I was trying to limit my query was the when I first ran and opened my txt file it showed: 2,726,677 of 2,726,677 records but there wasn't any data or headers. I checked write all columns and headers so I shoud have had headers and data. I tried to open it excel and it is blank. Any help?

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
I'm not a data migrator person, but post the code and I'll take a look.

Also others will have the change to check it as well.

Waz...

Prod:WebFOCUS 7.6.10/8.1.04Upgrade:WebFOCUS 8.2.07OS:LinuxOutputs:HTML, PDF, Excel, PPT
In Focus since 1984

Posts: 6347 | Location: 33°49'23.0"S, 151°11'41.0"E | Registered: October 31, 2006Report This Post
Gold member
posted Hide Post
Figured it out too. Found a union that didn't have columns mapped....arghhh... took this class over a year ago and just now getting to use it. and there are no user type manuals and the product help isn't that great.

Thx

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Brenda Wilkerson,

WebFOCUS 7.7.03
Windows 7

Expert
posted Hide Post
Use the code tags, the </> button

Waz...

In Focus since 1984

Expert
posted Hide Post
Glad you spotted the problem.

Alls good now ?

Waz...

In Focus since 1984