Focal Point
[CLOSED] How to migrate the Repository from Test/Dev enviroment to Prod Enviroment

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/1287086476

February 12, 2015, 03:51 AM
Jaficgui
[CLOSED] How to migrate the Repository from Test/Dev enviroment to Prod Enviroment
How to migrate the Repository (Server->Providers->Services Provider) from Test/Dev environment to Prod Environment?

As the Test/Dev environment can't connect to Prod env, I can't migrate it using the iWay Service Manager Web Console

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

1) Version: iWay 7.0.2 (iWay Integration Suite)
2) Platform: Linux
February 17, 2015, 07:28 PM
<Kathryn Henning>
Hi Jaficgui,

I've been in contact with support management, and they have asked that you open a case on InfoResponse Online so that this can be reviewed further.

Thanks and regards,

Kathryn
February 18, 2015, 10:44 AM
<Emily Duensing>
Hi Jaficqui,

One of my team members has used iWay for many years, and writes all of our education curriculum for the product. He offers the following in response to your question. Maybe this will get you pointed in the right direction.

The Migration of the repository specifically the Service Providers they created for an application can be migrated a couple of ways. First, if they created an iWay Integrated Application where the Service Provider is being used, then the Test Application can be migrated to a Prod environment by creating a Prod Template under Management Applications. Then they can deploy the application to the Prod template which has the IP address and Port number assigned to the template. I would assume they are migrating more components then just the Service Provider. Also, for the future, the iWay Server Repository is giving way to the iWay Integrated Applications and the registry will not be emphasized. Another way would be to migrate just the individual components to a Production environment. Under the Tools section of the iWay Web Console they can select Archive along the left, this will allow you to create a zip file which can be copied to the production environment and then imported into the Prod server.
February 26, 2015, 02:35 AM
Jaficgui
quote:
Originally posted by Emily Duensing:
Hi Jaficqui,

One of my team members has used iWay for many years, and writes all of our education curriculum for the product. He offers the following in response to your question. Maybe this will get you pointed in the right direction.

The Migration of the repository specifically the Service Providers they created for an application can be migrated a couple of ways. First, if they created an iWay Integrated Application where the Service Provider is being used, then the Test Application can be migrated to a Prod environment by creating a Prod Template under Management Applications. Then they can deploy the application to the Prod template which has the IP address and Port number assigned to the template. I would assume they are migrating more components then just the Service Provider. Also, for the future, the iWay Server Repository is giving way to the iWay Integrated Applications and the registry will not be emphasized. Another way would be to migrate just the individual components to a Production environment. Under the Tools section of the iWay Web Console they can select Archive along the left, this will allow you to create a zip file which can be copied to the production environment and then imported into the Prod server.

Many Thanks!

Btw, I have another question, as to 'Data Store Type'(Server->Providers->Services Provider),it's Oracle instead of default File System, How to migrate the data that was stored in database from Test dev to Prod env?

1) Version: iWay 7.0.2 (iWay Integration Suite)
2) Platform: Linux