Focal Point
TODAYS DATE

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/1291067331

December 30, 2003, 01:09 PM
<dkezer>
TODAYS DATE
I am trying to use ETL Manager to assign today's date to a DATE column in DB2. I have tried setting the column to &YYMD but that does not work. It seems that &YYMD returns an alphanumeric. The subroutine TODAY(outfield)also returns an alphanumeric... but that includes the slashes so it is even worse. Any ideas?
December 30, 2003, 01:37 PM
Jake Freivald
I don't know what version you're working on, but this will probably work:

In the COLUMN object, click on _insert_. Under _column_, type "CURRENT DATE", and then under _alias_ type some name like "CURDATE". Then use CURDATE in the target object.

Of course, the first thing to do in most situations is open a call with technical support so that we have a case number, version information, and so on to work with. Also, the people on line there may have the answer you need immediately. (I know my response here is pretty immediate, but that's just because I happen to be online today -- I'm not always available for your use, like they are.)

Regards,
Jake
December 30, 2003, 04:59 PM
<dkezer>
Thanks that seemed to work!
March 30, 2004, 12:17 PM
<dkezer>
This functionality was removed in 5.2.4... However, there is new syntax that seems to work...

in the COLUMNS block insert a column...

DATE(CUURENT DATE) and alias it CURDATE