Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] Data Migrator - 7706M Create Synonym Datasource is not Unique Error

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] Data Migrator - 7706M Create Synonym Datasource is not Unique Error
 Login/Join

posted
Hi All,

I am creating a Synonym for a table from an Oracle 11g configured adapter into a application folder, But I am facing an issue here.

The error I am getting is '(FOC1567)CREATE SYNONYM: DATASOURCE '%1' IS NOT UNIQUE'.

I have tried deleting all the synonyms related to the corresponding table.And I have tried different naming patterns too.I am absolutely sure that there are no other synonyms
in the complete application directory for same table.

Still I am facing the same issue. Can anyone please help me on this issue on how to resolve it.

Thanks in Advance.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Webfocus 8, Windows All Versions.

Guru
posted Hide Post
quote:
(FOC1567)CREATE SYNONYM

Hi mreddappareddy,

Welcome to Focal Point!

While we wait to see if other members reply to your question. Here is a few items found within the IBI knowledge base regarding FOC 1567 error.

The use of Field name Filler in a Key Group causes the following error:
(FOC1567) CREATE SYNONYM: DATASOURCE '%1' IS NOT UNIQUE

Please try using SET SYNONYM=BASIC in your edasprof.prf and see if this
will allow you to create the synonym.

Ensure your Oracle database and Oracle client are on the same release.

The following has caused problems in the past and generated this error message:

1) The comments on the Oracle table contain CR/LF and caused the ending single
quotes to be dropped. Removing or shorting the comments on the Oracle table resolved the issue.

2) Verify if there are 2 entries for the table named xxxx within the schema.

This may require a case to be opened in the "Case Management" link on the Technical Support Center - if the above does not help.

This will be a server issue and with the case please provide the following if at all possible. This is not a common issue.
1) The Reporting Server's edaserve.cfg file.
2) The " " edasprof.prf file.
3) The ODBC DSN entry for the datasource.

If you do open a case please update the subject line with [CASE OPENED] and provide an update once it is resolved. This will help others in the future.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders Inc.

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5

Posts: 487 | Location: Toronto | Registered: June 23, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
Dear Tamra,
Thanks for the timely help. My issue is now resolved. The issue was there were two tables with same name but the two tables were in different schemas. We changed one table name and tried to recreate the synonym and we were successful.

I still dont understand why DataMigrator is treating tables from different schemas as unique data source.

Regards,
Reddappa.

Webfocus 8, Windows All Versions.