Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] DM flows with autogenerated identity columns

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] DM flows with autogenerated identity columns
 Login/Join

Platinum Member
posted
I am sometimes struggling with RDBMS tables (DB2 in my case) which have an autogenerated identity as primary key.

In the masterfile I set those to FIELDTYPE=R, so when I have DM flows with inserts I do not have to assign a value in the Target transformations. That works fine.

The problem is however then with updates and deletes. I would like to do key matching on the ID (same table is source table as well), but the FIELDTYPE=R is then preventing me to map the ID of source table to ID of target table. I can get around by removing the FILEDTYPE=R from master file, then map and save flow, and put back the FIELDTYPE=R. But it dos not feel right.
What would be another/better way to deal with this?

Martin.

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster

Guru
posted Hide Post
DataMigrator always matches on the key field(s) as identified in the synonym. Key fields cannot be be updated and for inserts there's no need to map to the ID field when it's automatically assigned by the database and the field is identified as AUTOINCREMENT in the synonym.

You should be able to leave the ID field as read only. If not please open an IRL case and provide the flow and synonym.

BTW in Release 7.7.07 from last May we added the functionality for different expressions on insert or update.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post