Focal Point
Creating .net proxies to access iway ibip services

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/1557059506

June 24, 2011, 01:05 PM
andrecarlucci
Creating .net proxies to access iway ibip services
Hello,

I'm trying to generate a proxy to access some iWay business services (iBSP) from VS2010.

When I use "Add Service Reference", I get and exception trying to consume any service:

XmlSerializer attribute System.Xml.Serialization.XmlAttributeAttribute is not valid in cid. Only XmlElement, XmlArray, XmlArrayItem, XmlAnyAttribute and XmlAnyElement attributes are supported when IsWrapped is true.

This exception happens before the request is actually made (I can't see any request in fiddler).

When I use "Add Web Service", the request goes OK and I can see the soap response with many records in fiddler, but in .net the result array comes empty (null to be more precise).

I have the same error using svcutil.exe

Are iway soap webservices compatible with .net? Any ideas?

Thank you in advance,

André Carlucci

mostly iWay products
July 05, 2011, 10:16 AM
Kerry
Hi Andre,

I checked with our iWay people and here is the suggestion:

To answer the question, the best way is to “Add Web Service”, the terminology might change depending on which version of Visual Studio you are using.

There is a known issue with the iSM SOAP response which doesn’t exactly match the WSDL, the namespace might be different. Since .NET relies on the WSDL for its XML serializer/deserializer, the response will fail to be interpreted correctly.

One way to get around this is to set the iSM JVM property ibsp.wsdl.nsaware to true, and to re-create the iSM web service.

-Dibisp.wsdl.nsaware=true

However this might not solve all the WSDL issues. There should be a fix available soon for iSM 6.1.x

The current workaround is to manually modify the WSDL to match the actual SOAP response schema, as seen from the iBSP test tool (http://localhost:9000/).

More information can be provided if a case is open with Support. You may either call at 1-800-736-6130, or access online at InfoResponse.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.
July 23, 2011, 03:18 PM
andrecarlucci
Thanks Kerry,
I hope they fix that in the future.
All the best,
André

mostly iWay products