Focal Point
SCD1

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/1607008616

February 17, 2012, 10:11 PM
Ramanathan
SCD1
Hi All,

I have a table with createddate and modifieddate columns and no flag columns. While inserting new records the createddate column should be inserted with current date and when there is a change it should update the modified date column with current date.

I tried using SCD Type1, but it is inserting a new record for any changes in the record and not updating the existing record. So modified date is always null.

I am using DB2 as source and target.

Please let me know how to update modifieddate column when there is a change in the existing record.

WebFOCUS 7.7, iWay Data Migrator, Windows
Excel, PDF, HTML
February 21, 2012, 03:22 PM
Clif
In order to use DataMigrator automatic Slowly Changing Dimension processing you must have an Activation Flag and/or Begin & End Date columns, a surrogate key column and natural key column(s).

I would suggest you identify the modifieddate column in the Synonym SCD Type as "Begin Date" and you'll need another date column to identify as "End Date" because they work in pairs.

The createddate column SCD Type should be blank to indicate a permanent column.

Then identify all the other columns that you want to update with new values as Type I.

N/A
March 19, 2012, 01:27 AM
Gabe
Are you sure you don't need SCD licenses for it to work

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
March 30, 2012, 12:05 PM
Clif
Theres no separate license for SCD, it's included with DataMigrator.

N/A