Focal Point
[CLOSED] SQL object Problem

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/1757047976

December 11, 2015, 12:40 PM
Miguelrko
[CLOSED] SQL object Problem
Hello everyone, i want to know and how to do it, if it is possible to do transactions, between SQL objects. For example:
SQL1: Start Transaction;
SQL2: Insert in some table;
SQL3: Insert in some table2;
SQL4: Rollback;
Basically, i want to do transactions (commit and rollback) with a lot of differents SQL objects. I cant find any documentation or tutorial about this.
Hope you guys can help me Smiler Smiler Smiler !

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
December 14, 2015, 11:52 AM
Keith Davidson
Hi Miguelrko
If you are looking at transaction processing, I would start with iWay iSM, which is used for transaction processing. Batch processing can be accomplished with iWay iDM. However, if you are building transaction screens you may want to look at WebFOCUS Maintain.

Maintain Documents
iWay iSM Guide
iWay DataMigrator Guide

Some places to start looking,

Keith

WebFOCUS 7.7.x 8.1.x
PMF 7.x and 8.x
Windows/UNIX
December 14, 2015, 12:00 PM
Tamra
Miguelrko,

Welcome to Focal Point!

Hopefully, the suggestions made will point you in the right direction.

Please provide more clarification on your requirement if you need further assistance.

If this helps you out we like to have member also update the subject line with a TAG word found at Tag your topic with keywords.

Thank you for participating in the Focal Point Forum.

Kindest regards,
Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders Inc.
* Summit 2016 – June 13-17 in Reno, Nevada  - http://www.informationbuilders.com/events/summit

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
December 14, 2015, 03:41 PM
Miguelrko
i want something simple like: in the SQL object you have the Need Commit Parameter, i want to use "Never" as value, so my own DML/TCL manage the logic in use or not use commit/rollback

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
December 15, 2015, 11:46 AM
Keith Davidson
quote:
Originally posted by Miguelrko:
i want something simple like: in the SQL object you have the Need Commit Parameter, i want to use "Never" as value, so my own DML/TCL manage the logic in use or not use commit/rollback

Can you give us a bit more information about what you are trying to do. You indicate that you are using WebFOCUS 8 in your tag. Are you trying to insert transactions using WebFOCUS? Or, are you using an iWay product (if so which one?).

In WebFOCUS if you want to use native SQL commands and procedures, you should look at "SQL PASSTHRU",however this requires the user to have knowledge of the underlying database coding (DML/TCL). If you want WebFOCUS to control the commits and rollback of a transaction, you should use the MAINTAIN product.

Keith

WebFOCUS 7.7.x 8.1.x
PMF 7.x and 8.x
Windows/UNIX