Focal Point
[CLOSED] DMC TABLENAME To Load Into Target

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/1797098986

April 11, 2018, 11:46 AM
Michael Henry
[CLOSED] DMC TABLENAME To Load Into Target
Hello all, thanks for the help so far.

On iSeries (DB2) I'm doing an initial load from table. When in the synonym I don't see a place for a variable to be created (Field View) so I'm going to have to take another approach. I want to load the list of tables from a driver table and excecute over that but I don't seem to be able to.

As an alternative I'll explicitely specify the library and file name in "TABLENAME" in the synonym. To make life easier for myself I'd like to take "TABLENAME" and put it into my source table. Is that variable available to me when I am my flow and "Target Transformations"?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

Mass Data Migrator
April 17, 2018, 11:41 AM
Clif
In an open synonym right click on the SEGMENT name and select Properties. Then right click on TABLENAME and select "Parameterize Value" which will replace the static value with a global variable that defaults to the original name.

Please see the DataMigrator User's Guide Chapter 11 "Advanced DataMigrator Tips and techniques" section "Iterating Through Multiple Tables" for complete step-by-step instructions.

N/A