Focal Point
Data Migrator - XML - PROPERTY=ATTRIBUTE - Failing?

This topic can be found at:
http://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/2081021672

March 14, 2008, 11:04 AM
John_Edwards
Data Migrator - XML - PROPERTY=ATTRIBUTE - Failing?
Question: I have a master file auto-generated from an XSD file that includes the following entries:

FIELDNAME=FORMID, ALIAS=formId, USAGE=A10, ACTUAL=A10, MISSING=ON, REFERENCE=HIVFORMINFO, PROPERTY=ATTRIBUTE, $



FIELDNAME=RACEID, ALIAS=raceId, USAGE=A1, ACTUAL=A1, MISSING=ON, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL), REFERENCE=RACE, PROPERTY=ATTRIBUTE, $



FIELDNAME=HIVTESTID, ALIAS=hivTestId, USAGE=A1, ACTUAL=A1, MISSING=ON, ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL), REFERENCE=HIVTEST, PROPERTY=ATTRIBUTE, $

The latter two, in spite of appearing in the master file, do not appear in Data Migrator's development tools so I cannot code to them. Both are in nested segments. The first does indeed appear, but when I code to it it does not appear within the tag but instead outside of it without its wrapping tags, like this --


-
formId="0000000000"
-

Can anyone provide insight? Do I need to edit the generated master file?

Data Migrator 7.6, Intel.



March 16, 2008, 08:24 PM
Piipster
Check out this link.

http://techsupport.informationbuilders.com/tech/wbf/wbf_faq_022.html

It references WebServices as opposed to Data Migrator, but I think the concept applies there as well.


ttfn, kp


Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.
March 17, 2008, 01:57 AM
Piipster
There also seems to be a bit of a discussion around ACCESS_PROPERTY=(INTERNAL) here

http://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums?a=tpc&...491034272#6491034272


ttfn, kp


Access to most releases from R52x, on multiple platforms.
March 17, 2008, 12:53 PM
John_Edwards
I have started to get a handle on the ACCESS_PROPERTY part of the picture -- thank you for the links, very enlightening.

I still have the problem with the attribute field that will not climb inside the element's tag, and I am very concerned I have run into a limitation of the tool. I have folks looking into it and I will write up a response here once this issue is behind me. I cannot imagine that I am the first person to encounter this issue.

J.



April 17, 2008, 11:21 AM
John_Edwards
I just wanted to follow up on this thread, as much of my trouble was due to a poorly formed master file.

In 7.6.1 the synonym generator tool cannot create a correct master file for xml hierarchies deeper than two levels. It creates the fields correctly, but does not create segments any deeper than two. I had to hand-enter the segment lines into the master file. There were also places where I had to move fields in order to get them within the segment they were supposed to be in.

I shouldn't complain -- the synonym generator is so doggone dependable on RDBMS tables that I trust it implicitly. On this occasion I had to spend fifteen minutes correcting its mistakes. It really whacked the output though -- very strange results before I fixed it.

Once I had done this the attribute tags were able to find the correct field in the correct place and apply them properly. Data Migrator and the XML adapter were working correctly writing the file -- the master file was hosed underneath them.