Focal Point
Multiple environments.

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/214107382

November 03, 2009, 12:43 PM
TomG
Multiple environments.
Hi,

I would like to have different DMC environments (development, test, and QA) reside on the same box. With this in mind, do I need to have a separate install for each environment or can I have the one install of DMC exist for the multiple environments?

Thank you in advance.

Tom

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Linux
csv/.txt, pdf, Excel
November 04, 2009, 07:32 AM
TomG
Got my answer.... a separate install is needed for each environment - per the 'Server Installation' guide.

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Linux
csv/.txt, pdf, Excel
November 04, 2009, 10:08 AM
Clif
We use the abbreviation DMC to refer to the Data Management Console which is the CLIENT software. While you could have multiple instances of the client on one PC there's not a lot of utility in that.

More likely you want multiple DataMigrator SERVER environments which you can do. Run the install again (and again) selecting "New Installation/Configuration >" and then "Create additional 76 configuration" and add a suffix to the folder name (say, d or t or q). This new configuration will use the same HOME directory as the original, but will create a new CONF directory (such as dmd or dmt or dmq). You will of course to have to specify a DIFFERENT port number for each configuration.

N/A
November 05, 2009, 06:59 AM
TomG
Hi Clif,

Thanks for your post. We did just as you mentioned - one client install and multiple server installs
with each instance having their own set of ports.

WebFOCUS 7.6.7
Linux
csv/.txt, pdf, Excel
November 05, 2009, 10:07 AM
Clif
Good, glad that worked out for you. One more thing to keep in mind it the APP path; you'll probably want different application directories in the path for your different servers. Especially if you use the scheduler.

This can be controlled by having different values for APPROOT for each server or with different app paths in the server or user profiles.

N/A