Focal Point
[SOLVED] How to handle large amount of tables in automation?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/2297047196

October 01, 2019, 02:37 AM
nox
[SOLVED] How to handle large amount of tables in automation?
Hi,

Let say I have over 500 tables need to ETL into another DB. these tables' transformation will be the same concept, is it possible to run trough these 500 tables in automation? like using script or schedule?

the point is try to avoid creating over 500 synonyms and flows by person.

any idea or suggestion would be helpful.
Thanks

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS v8.2.06 , Windows
October 02, 2019, 12:09 PM
FP Mod Chuck
Nox

Do all these tables have the same field names and attributes and you just have different input files as the source?

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
October 02, 2019, 09:12 PM
nox
Hi Chuck,

these tables may have different field names and attributes, sources are coming from same DB(IBM's DB2) but different tables.

October 03, 2019, 10:32 AM
Clif
You can create synonyms for all your tables in one operation by checking the top checkbox to select all the tables in a database, schema or in the results from a search on a table name using the % wildcard. You may want to create a new application directory to store them.

Are you copying entire tables, all the rows and columns?

If so from the file browser you can select the application directory you used and then from the context menu select Quick Copy. This creates a Data Flow for each synonym you select (or you can select them all) that will copy the table to Adapter and Connection you select and create a synonym in the Application directory you select. It also creates a Process Flow that runs all the data flows.

If not then please open a support ticket so that we can understand your requirements.

N/A
October 04, 2019, 04:34 AM
nox
hi Clif,

Thank you for your reply. Yes I'm try to copy entire tables(all rows and columns) into target.

Seem I can add DB tables into Application Directories and then using Quick Copy will be generating all those tables' Synonyms.