Focal Point
IWAY Service Manager 5.5 - Email Listener Capturing the attachment name

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/23710198

April 21, 2009, 05:23 PM
Don Garland
IWAY Service Manager 5.5 - Email Listener Capturing the attachment name
Has anyone tried to grab the file name of the attachment and use it. If I configure the Service Object for handling an email attachment with Type: "iwMAILATTACH" and Properties: Attachment "attachment", Enconde "false", Target "file", Output Dir "\here" Output File " " and Delete Mail Object "true" then I get the file attachment in the native format with the file name. This is a good thing except I need to put a timestamp or a number on the file name and I'd like to store the original file name in a table. But if I put anything in the "Output File Name" option, I lose the original file name. I'm wondering if there is a special register that I can use to trap that attachment file name.

WebFOCUS Administrator @ Worldpay FIS
PROD/DEV/TEST: 8204, SANDBOX: 8206 soon - BIP, Reportcaster, Resource Manager, EUM, HyperStage soon, DB: HIVE,Oracle,MSSQL
April 27, 2009, 11:30 AM
Darksider
Hi Don,

After your Email Service Object, Drop a iwQAAgent (com.ibi.agents.XDQAAgent) in the flow, give it a file name and change *When to Always. This provides you with all the SREGs that are in play during the document lifecycle. It should provide you with the original attachement name as part of an SREG.

All the above