Focal Point Banner
Community Center Education Summit Technical Support User Groups
Let's Get Social!

Facebook Twitter LinkedIn YouTube
Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    at my wits end with oracle connection problem
Go
New
Search
Notify
Tools

at my wits end with oracle connection problem
 Login/Join

<Siees>
posted
Has anyone come across the following? I can connect to two other databases on the same UNIX box fine, I can sqlplus to the database in question.

(FOC1400) SQLCODE IS 12514 (HEX: 000030E2)
(FOC1394) CONNECT FAILURE
: ORA-12514: TNS:listener could not resolve SERVICE_NAME given in connect
: descriptor
(FOC1405) SQL PREPARE ERROR.

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
For this kind of thing, your best bet is probably to open a case with tech support. They'll probably ask you to verify that the TNSNAMES.ORA file has an entry for the instance you are adding and that you've tested SQL*PLUS from the same machine as the iWay/WF server.

Posts: 118 | Location: DC | Registered: May 13, 2005Reply With QuoteReport This Post
<toby mills>
posted
Can you TNSPING you server?

-Toby

Reply With QuoteReport This Post
posted Hide Post
You say you can sqlplus to the database which Focus receives the error for?

Is the sqlplus session from the same machine as the focus server?

Additionally - there may be multiple installations of oracle on the server - do a search for tnsnames.ora and verify that the entry for this database is in all copies (and is correct).

HTH - Justin

Posts: 5 | Registered: March 31, 2006Reply With QuoteReport This Post