Focal Point
[SOLVED] DMC - mapping Datefield with SQL GetDate

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/2397091786

July 10, 2017, 12:03 PM
DipJen
[SOLVED] DMC - mapping Datefield with SQL GetDate
Hi,

I want to pass sql expression into my query.

Moving data from source to Destination. Want to pass EditDate as Getdate(). Which will be date from sql server. Is there any way to make it recognize GetDate. I tried adding transform and and seeing SELECt query, its saying its invalid.

Please let me know if its possible

Thank
D

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
July 11, 2017, 09:43 AM
Clif
The SQL Server function GETDATE() actually returns the current date and time to the millisecond.

You can get the current timestamp with the function
CURRENT_TIMESTAMP(3) 

However the milliseconds are zeroed out.

So if you need that precision or for some other reason need to use GETDATE() assuming the source table(s) are in MS SQL Server you can invoke a Transact SQL function or expression like this:
DB_EXPR(GETDATE())  

N/A
July 11, 2017, 09:51 AM
DipJen
Hi Thank you for reply. I tried DB_EXPR(GETDAET()) at multiple places its not recognizing the syntax.

Where should this be valid to do. In Select object, Target Object mapping or source Object mapping. Its not taking it. If you have done so incase can you please share screenshot?

Thanks
D

WebFOCUS 8
Windows, All Outputs
July 11, 2017, 04:38 PM
Clif
In the SQL object under SQL Expression works. BTW there's a typo in your post. Make sure you spell the function name correctly.

N/A