Focal Point
[SOLVED] iWay Srvc Mgr-Cannot Truncate Table then Insert Records in same process flow

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/2637038036

May 15, 2013, 01:28 PM
Phil DeBusk
[SOLVED] iWay Srvc Mgr-Cannot Truncate Table then Insert Records in same process flow
I can't seem to figure this out. In a single (or nested PF) I simply need to truncate the data in a table just before inserting records. My process flow using a SQL object simply takes an XML document, iterates through the target nodes performing the record inserts. This works fine. As soon as I insert a 2nd SQL Object with a "Truncate Table" statement into the flow, the only thing that happens is my table truncates but no records are entered. The log file doesn't seem to reveal much. I know I'm doing something incorrect but can't seem to figure it out. ISM ver 6.1 (Oracle 10g RDBMS)

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs
May 15, 2013, 06:46 PM
Phil DeBusk
OK I answered my own question. I simply used the Control Objects "Set" and "Synch" to stage the Table Truncate (first) then (signal) the table Insert paths. This is clearly indicated in the scifibooks process flow tutorial within ISM. Yes I am a rookie.

WebFOCUS 7.6
Windows, All Outputs