Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    How do you present an html page at the end of a Data Migrator run?

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
How do you present an html page at the end of a Data Migrator run?
 Login/Join

Virtuoso
posted
I'm having a devil of a time figuring out a good query to search for on the forums. Nothing seems to give me a similar question.

I have a process that runs from a web page on a user's dashboard, and I'd like to have it output a "Everything ran fine, your output file is named xxxxx" web page so they can see their action completed properly.

How do you guys do that? How do you present a clean page? When I put an -HTMLFORM BEGIN in a stored procedure build a page in it I get the date jammed in at the beginning of each line. It pretty much looks like ****. Is there a way to turn that off?

S.

Posts: 1012 | Location: At the Mast | Registered: May 17, 2007Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
John

what I do in this case I create a small report based on the CAR database that only prints a header with the message you want.

TABLE FILE CAR
BY COUNTRY NOPRINT
HEADING
"whatever you like"
END

Frank

prod: WF 7.6.10 platform Windows,
databases: msSQL2000, msSQL2005, RMS, Oracle, Sybase,IE7
test: WF 7.6.10 on the same platform and databases,IE7

Posts: 2387 | Location: Amsterdam, the Netherlands | Registered: December 03, 2006Report This Post
<edadhc>
posted
So, it looks like you basically want to create a DM Log report within your own HTML page.

Under the hood, DM Log report gets generated by using POST request to send data to the server to be processed in some way, which then sends the response back with the log information through CMRPT1 (see below for more information on this). You can capture what’s actually going on through HTI scripts. HTI scripts are files used by playback and the recorded sequence - you can think of them something similar to traces.

Once we have the playback script, we can create the actual URL that is being used by POST. Then finally, you can create that link inside your HTML document.

To get started, open up web console.
1. From the top menu, go to My Console  Preferences. Under Preferences, change “Show Web Console reports in the following format” to HTML. Click Update.
2. Then run your DM flow.
3. After your flow completes, open up your DM Log from the Web Console. Workspace  Configuration/Monitor  In the left pane menu, Logs and Traces  Right-click DataMigrator Logs and Statistics  View  View Report  Double-click the appropriate log under the Log column. You should now see the Log report.
4. Open up a separate browser window. From web console’s top menu go to Workspace  Scalability. From the left pane menu, right-click on Scalability  New  Recording. You can leave the script directory and name as is, test0001 and rec0001 respectively. Click Start.
5. Now that the recording is on, go back to your DM Log and refresh the Log page. Don’t hit F5, instead, right-click on Log content page and from the drop-down menu, click Refresh.
6. Then go back to the Recording of HTI Script File page, click Stop.
7. From left navigation pane, right-click test0001 and refresh  rec0001 should appear, double-click rec0001
8. In the HTI requests, you should see the POST action that was used to generate the DM Log report. Double-click on POST.
9. You should see something like the following:
BEGIN
HOST = localhost
PORT = 8117
REQUEST_METHOD = POST
URI = /webconsole
XCONTENT = {
IBIS_pageid=78
IBIX_action={
Show Log
}
IBIS_etlRptName=CMRPT1
IBIS_page=IMPCTTABLE
CGIP_type=ETLREP
CGIX_cmd=ETLSchedulerLog
CGIX_PID=20110331141507_b43871e3
CGIX_option=nodflt
CGIX_deferr=y
IBIS_output=grid
Flow_Name=dmhr_fl
CGIX_title=Log
IBIS_client=BINDOWS
CHARSET=UTF-8
}
COMMENT = Show Log
END

10. Now all you need to do is tie all these values to the end of the URL after the quotation mark using POST method like so,
11. http://localhost:8117/webconso...INDOWS&CHARSET=UTF-8
(Remember to substitute spaces with %20)

Report This Post
Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
quote:
Originally posted by edadhc:
So, it looks like you basically want to create a DM Log report within your own HTML page.

Under the hood, DM Log report gets generated by using POST request to send data to the server to be processed in some way, which then sends the response back with the log information through CMRPT1 (see below for more information on this). You can capture what’s actually going on through HTI scripts. HTI scripts are files used by playback and the recorded sequence - you can think of them something similar to traces.

Once we have the playback script, we can create the actual URL that is being used by POST. Then finally, you can create that link inside your HTML document.

To get started, open up web console.
1. From the top menu, go to My Console  Preferences. Under Preferences, change “Show Web Console reports in the following format” to HTML. Click Update.
2. Then run your DM flow.
3. After your flow completes, open up your DM Log from the Web Console. Workspace  Configuration/Monitor  In the left pane menu, Logs and Traces  Right-click DataMigrator Logs and Statistics  View  View Report  Double-click the appropriate log under the Log column. You should now see the Log report.
4. Open up a separate browser window. From web console’s top menu go to Workspace  Scalability. From the left pane menu, right-click on Scalability  New  Recording. You can leave the script directory and name as is, test0001 and rec0001 respectively. Click Start.
5. Now that the recording is on, go back to your DM Log and refresh the Log page. Don’t hit F5, instead, right-click on Log content page and from the drop-down menu, click Refresh.
6. Then go back to the Recording of HTI Script File page, click Stop.
7. From left navigation pane, right-click test0001 and refresh  rec0001 should appear, double-click rec0001
8. In the HTI requests, you should see the POST action that was used to generate the DM Log report. Double-click on POST.
9. You should see something like the following:
BEGIN
HOST = localhost
PORT = 8117
REQUEST_METHOD = POST
URI = /webconsole
XCONTENT = {
IBIS_pageid=78
IBIX_action={
Show Log
}
IBIS_etlRptName=CMRPT1
IBIS_page=IMPCTTABLE
CGIP_type=ETLREP
CGIX_cmd=ETLSchedulerLog
CGIX_PID=20110331141507_b43871e3
CGIX_option=nodflt
CGIX_deferr=y
IBIS_output=grid
Flow_Name=dmhr_fl
CGIX_title=Log
IBIS_client=BINDOWS
CHARSET=UTF-8
}
COMMENT = Show Log
END

10. Now all you need to do is tie all these values to the end of the URL after the quotation mark using POST method like so,
11. http://localhost:8117/webconso...INDOWS&CHARSET=UTF-8
(Remember to substitute spaces with %20)

SPEAK ENGLISH!

This message has been edited. Last edited by: John_Edwards,

Virtuoso
posted Hide Post
Dude, that is one impressive wall of lingo, and I appreciate that you took a LOT of time to put that together and respond back to me. I can't say I understand it but my guess is that it will provide a perfect solution. Thank you both for reading and writing back.

I have an issue that needs to be included in the mix -- I am consulting to a location that will have to take over and maintain my work after I'm gone, so I need to keep complexity out of the mix as much as possible.

I took one step on my own -- I put 100% of the html code on one line. So with that change there's just one date in the upper-left-hand corner and the code is something that will be maintainable by my client when I leave the site.

The idea of putting it into a report heading is solid as well. I'll need to work the formatting a bit but it's a viable option to get a "perfect" solution.

The I-Way forum is really curious. On the WF forum you get a steady stream or reads and replies, on I-Way you get nothing for days, then once someone responds you get 50 views and four follow-ups in an hour.

S.

Expert
posted Hide Post
Hi John,

I hope the info helps. Please let us know if you need more info. We have been trying, and will continue to get more support on this iWay forum.

Cheers,

Kerry

Kerry Zhan
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders, Inc.

Posts: 1948 | Location: New York | Registered: November 16, 2004Report This Post