Focal Point
is there any example of using Geocoder or Google Map WS in Service Manager?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/269106714

April 12, 2010, 11:11 AM
cokeyng
is there any example of using Geocoder or Google Map WS in Service Manager?
Hi all,

I am new to iWay DM and SM.

Wondering if there is any example or tutorial that I can follow in order to set up RPC, like Geocoder and Google Map WS. The trouble that I have us Web Service adapter always requires the WSDL of the Web service, while both of these services do not have one.

Thanks

Cokey

iWay 5.5, 6.01
Windows
all output (Excel, HTML, PDF)

iWay 5.5, 6.01
Windows
April 13, 2010, 06:46 PM
iWay Newbie
quote:
Originally posted by cokeyng:
Hi all,

I am new to iWay DM and SM.

Wondering if there is any example or tutorial that I can follow in order to set up RPC, like Geocoder and Google Map WS. The trouble that I have us Web Service adapter always requires the WSDL of the Web service, while both of these services do not have one.

Thanks

Cokey

iWay 5.5, 6.01
Windows

Hi,

The Google Maps API has a lot of script stuff that can be embeded in HTML, however I'm not that familiar with the DM tools.

In iSM you can request a Geocoded XML by sending the address to lookup to the Google Maps services The Google Geocoding Web Service in a HTTP GET request:

http://maps.google.com/maps/api/geocode/xml?address='2 Penn Plaza, New York, NY'&sensor=false

You simply use the HTTP Agent to send the GET Request with the address to lookup and you can use the response in the rest of your processing.

I just completed a small project using iSM 6.0.1 to geocode the customer database. The API also supports other arguments if you need to find an address from a specific location or the location of a device with a location sensor, the other arguments are all listed on the The Google Geocoding Web Service page.

Good luck!

Newbie,
iWay Service Manager 6.0.1
Windows

This message has been edited. Last edited by: iWay Newbie,

--
WebFOCUS 8.2.03 on Linux
April 17, 2010, 08:22 AM
ray_In_Vancouver
I am doing it using SM with a transform to KML like this