Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    Usage of Special Registers in iSM Designer during design time

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
Usage of Special Registers in iSM Designer during design time
 Login/Join

posted
Hello,

I created a registry based project in iSM Designer. I created special registers using iSM Console and used them in the PFlows. During PFlow testing using the Test Run function, the SREGS are not getting resolved. I looked up the iWay Designer documentation and learned that SREGs and service agents in PFlows only get resolved during run time. I tried creating a configuration based project and got similar results.

I would like to know if there is any preferred way or work around that exists to test the Pflows (that has SREGS and service agents) using the Designer environment. This is going to help me unit test each component in the channel.

Thanks.

iSM 616
iDM 7705
iDQC 802
WF 77
Windows 2008 Server

posted Hide Post
Ak,

For testing the SREG's in Designer you could use Property Manager .

Rivo

iSM 6.0
iDM 7.6.5 - 7702
WF 7.6.4 - 7702

All output formats

Posts: 23 | Location: Tallinn, Estonia | Registered: July 31, 2009Report This Post
posted Hide Post
I am able to use the PFlow --> Property Manager to set design-time and run-time variables and access them in my PFlow. Couple of questions.

1)I noticed that the variables created using Property Manager are accessed using the syntax [] in the PFlow. If my PFlow has a transform, can the transform access this variable using the same syntax or should I be using SREG()?

2) Just curious on why there are two different syntax available to access run-time variables in a PFlow? One using []and other using SREG()

This message has been edited. Last edited by: AK,

iSM 616
iDM 7705
iDQC 802
WF 77
Windows 2008 Server