Focal Point
iWay Designer

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/2871040013

December 10, 2008, 06:50 AM
Clinton Side-Kick
iWay Designer
Hi all,
Firstly, I am new to the iWay world, please forgive any ignorance.
I am following the instructions in the "wf764Magnify.pdf" documentation to configure Magnify.
I have successfuly completed chapter 4 - Configuring the Search Engine and iWay Channel. (the output xml documents for the records in the RetailDB were created in a retail application folder).
Next I attempted chapter 5 - Creating the Transaction Indexing Process Flow.
After creating the Start and Service Objects, I should build a "relationship" between them (point 18, page 5-11).
When I right-click the Start Object and choose Relation, the mouse-pointer displays a thin blue arrow to the right. When I click on the Service Object, the blue arrow dissapears and there is no relation drawn as expected.

Another interesting behaviour I have observed, after saving my project (to take a break), and wanting to continue, most of the right-click options have become grayed (not available).

Any assistance will be appreciated.

Kind regards,

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
prod: WF/AS 8.2.05; OmniGen;
In FOCUS since 1991
December 10, 2008, 07:41 AM
Clinton Side-Kick
Never mind all,
I eventually discovered that if I first right-click on the service object, the option to "Build Relation" is available.
;-)

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
In FOCUS since 1991
January 05, 2009, 04:32 AM
AdeH
quote:
Another interesting behaviour I have observed, after saving my project (to take a break), and wanting to continue, most of the right-click options have become grayed (not available).

IIRC after first save, your pflow gets checked-in. You'll need to check it out after saving, before you can edit again.

iWay 5.5 SMSP1 and 6.0.1 on Intel/Linux
March 19, 2009, 06:33 PM
Clinton Side-Kick
You know to "Check Out" your processflow in order to fully edit it again? This ensures that no-one else gets to change it while you are working on it...

In FOCUS since 1991