Focal Point Banner

As of December 1, 2020, Focal Point is retired and repurposed as a reference repository. We value the wealth of knowledge that's been shared here over the years. You'll continue to have access to this treasure trove of knowledge, for search purposes only.

Join the TIBCO Community
TIBCO Community is a collaborative space for users to share knowledge and support one another in making the best use of TIBCO products and services. There are several TIBCO WebFOCUS resources in the community.

• From the Home page, select Predict: WebFOCUS to view articles, questions, and trending articles.
  • Select Products from the top navigation bar, scroll, and then select the TIBCO WebFOCUS product page to view product overview, articles, and discussions.
  • Request access to the private WebFOCUS User Group (login required) to network with fellow members.

Former myibi community members should have received an email on 8/3/22 to activate their user accounts to join the community. Check your Spam folder for the email. Please get in touch with us at community@tibco.com for further assistance. Reference the community FAQ to learn more about the community.

Focal Point    Focal Point Forums  Hop To Forum Categories  iWay Software Product Forum on Focal Point    [CLOSED] executing a part of process flow

Read-Only Read-Only Topic
Go
Search
Notify
Tools
[CLOSED] executing a part of process flow
 Login/Join

posted
Hi,

i have a process flow which contains multiple data flows. now assume i want to kick off the execution from the third data flow and dont want to execute the first two...

how can i do that ?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: <Kathryn Henning>,

Data Migrator 7.7
service manager 6.0, 6.1, 6.5 and 8

Posts: 15 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2013Report This Post
Master
posted Hide Post
Satish,

I don't know exactly what you mean, but I think this is it.

-PROMPT &CHOOSE.Choose 1 2 or 3.;

-GOTO LABEL_&CHOOSE

-LABEL_1
TABLE FILE CAR
	SUM	SALES
	BY	COUNTRY
END
-GOTO LABEL_RTM

-LABEL_2
TABLE FILE CAR
	SUM	SALES
	BY	CAR
END
-GOTO LABEL_RTM

-LABEL_3
TABLE FILE CAR
	SUM	SALES
	BY	SEATS
END
-GOTO LABEL_RTM

-LABEL_RTM

Posts: 668 | Location: Veghel, The Netherlands | Registered: February 16, 2010Report This Post
Guru
posted Hide Post
From use of the term "Data Flow" we can tell that Satish is using DataMigrator. And mostly likely "Process Flow" too (and not the SM version).

It depends a bit on what you mean by "Kick off" as we distinguish between "Run" to initiate a flow in the same agent as the Data Management Console and "Submit" to submit it to the scheduler for subsequent execution. Also whether this is something you want to once or often.

To run the PF just once starting with the third data flow, delete the arrows from Start to the first to the second to the third. Drag a new arrow from Start to the third. And Run.

If you want to submit (or schedule) the flow you'll need to save it so probably want to do so with a new name. Indeed if you want to run the PF again that's the best option.

It would require a new feature request to able to simply do this from the DMC with context menu on the PF objects.

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post
posted Hide Post
If you want to remove execution of first two flows permanently then you can deactivate or remove it from the process flow.
or
you can decide the sub flows based on the flow document using control objects.

iWay Service Manager,
Windows.

posted Hide Post
thank you guys for the replies...

@Clif
yes i am using DataMigrator.

i know these options but to be precise i might rephrase my question a bit...

for eg: i have a Process Flow, it has 5 data flows in it and i ran it, say the first two data flows are executed fine and the third data flow fails because of some 'xyz' issues now i dont want to run the first two data flows but my execution should starts from third data flow but for this i dont want to delete the connectors or the arrows. i want to know is there a way to bypass the execution of the first two data flows using custom condition in the connector/arrow.

i hope my question make sense

Data Migrator 7.7
service manager 6.0, 6.1, 6.5 and 8

Posts: 15 | Location: Ottawa, Canada | Registered: June 07, 2013Report This Post
Platinum Member
posted Hide Post
You can add a (new) procedure to your process flow which contains the logic to determine which data flow to start with. This procedure can set an amper variable which you can use in a custom condition in your connector to decide which will be the data to execute next.

E.g. if you set in this procedure the variable &START_WITH_FLOW
Then in the process flow from this procedure there will be 5 outgoing connectors, each having a custom condition &START_WITH_FLOW EQ #

hope this works for you,
Martin.

WebFocus 8206M, iWay DataMigrator, Windows, DB2 Windows V10.5, MS SQL Server, Azure SQL, Hyperstage, ReportCaster

Guru
posted Hide Post
I was about to reply and see that Martin proposed the same solution. My stored procedure contains the line
-DEFAULT &START_WITH_FLOW EQ=1
so that when you submit the flow you are prompted for a value.

I had aleady created such a flow so I'll just add the image:

N/A

Posts: 397 | Location: New York City | Registered: May 03, 2007Report This Post