Focal Point
[SOLVED] Reading File Directory

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/2937011586

January 04, 2017, 09:55 AM
Sat
[SOLVED] Reading File Directory
Hello

I want to read list of files from a network folder? I just want to read the name of the file (don't need contents within the file, just the file name). What is the best option that can be used.

I have IIT and Data Migrator tool.

Thanks
Satish

This message has been edited. Last edited by: Tamra,

IIT 7.05
January 04, 2017, 10:06 AM
Clif
You can do this with DataMigrator and the File Listener with the pick-up strategy MONITOR. In the DataMigrator Users Guide see the section "File Listener Attributes" especially "Prototype File Monitoring Synonym" for details. You can query the synonym to see the column INSTANCE (or INSTANCE_FULL) which will contain the file name (and full path).

N/A
January 04, 2017, 10:12 AM
Sat
Thanks for the input.

IIT 7.05
January 04, 2017, 04:24 PM
Sat
quote:
Originally posted by Clif:
You can do this with DataMigrator and the File Listener with the pick-up strategy MONITOR. In the DataMigrator Users Guide see the section "File Listener Attributes" especially "Prototype File Monitoring Synonym" for details. You can query the synonym to see the column INSTANCE (or INSTANCE_FULL) which will contain the file name (and full path).

question- I went through the Data Migrator Essentials Release 7.7.05 guide that I have from the training I had and there is nothing mentioned about "File Listener Attributes". If you Can you forward me the link for the correct guide.

IIT 7.05
January 11, 2017, 09:12 AM
Tamra
quote:
File Listener Attributes

Sat,

Here is the link to the 7.7.05 Data Migrator User's Guide

There are several pages related to File Listener Attributes:
Viewing and Editing Synonym Attributes - 610
File Listener Attributes - 618

Hope this helps you out.

Thank your for participating in the Focal Point Forum,

Tamra Colangelo
Focal Point Moderator
Information Builders

WebFOCUS 8x - BI Portal, Developer Studio, App Studio, Excel, PDF, Active Formats and HTML5
January 11, 2017, 10:50 AM
Sat
Thank you

IIT 7.05