Focal Point
[CLOSED] How do I get it so that Data Migrator Client is no longer so damn ugly?

This topic can be found at:
https://forums.informationbuilders.com/eve/forums/a/tpc/f/1381057331/m/3157036396

June 12, 2020, 04:04 PM
John_Edwards
[CLOSED] How do I get it so that Data Migrator Client is no longer so damn ugly?
We installed version 8.2 of WebFOCUS and I-Way and it's a nice step up.

But let's not ignore the elephant in the room. The gray, gray elephant.

Data Migrator Client is damn ugly.

It's all gray, and it's harder to see things like check marks over top of fields and the like. It makes it harder to use especially when I'm working remotely on a smaller screen.

How do I get my garish colors back like in 8.1? I'm a garish kind of guy, so I really enjoyed the flagrant purple and too-lime green. It was more usable, at least for those of us with color vision. Is there a setting somewhere that I can't find?

This message has been edited. Last edited by: FP Mod Chuck,

June 15, 2020, 08:27 AM
Clif
We moved beyond the fifty shades of gray a while ago. What version of 8.2 did you install? It sounds to me like you are living in the past.

N/A
June 15, 2020, 09:41 AM
John_Edwards
"Thou shalt not covet thy neighbors DMC."

June 16, 2020, 10:30 AM
FP Mod Chuck
John

In the 8.2.06 version there is a style drop down menu in the top right hand corner that lets you select different options.

Thank you for using Focal Point!

Chuck Wolff - Focal Point Moderator
WebFOCUS 7x and 8x, Windows, Linux All output Formats
June 16, 2020, 03:14 PM
John_Edwards
I'm on 8.2.03M.

None of the options make a significant difference to the interface. The old version changed the color of the widgets depending on their context.